Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I had created the user exit and transported that include to the PRD server and it is working fine,but i had not transported the project which had created through the CMOD tcode. is it necessary that the project should be transported to the PRD Server? if it is then why should the include which i had transported to the PRD Server is working fine?

plzz provide me guidelines for it .....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , if the project already exists contents will be over written , also make sure that if u have activated an exit in a project u can't activate it in differannt project , so when u transport the activated project , u do not get any problem.

Regards,

Ramesh

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Project should be transported to PRD and also it should be active.

The include in PRD is not showing error, because it is not used.

Regards

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ricx ,

An customer exit may contain more than one function module , each function module contains an include .

Now , it is definetly needed to transport the project in which u have activated the customer exit , however i guess that particular include u have sent to production is already activated in differant project and sent to production system. If u want to find this get the suthorization of CMOD in ur prod system , and find out in which project it has been activated , also , here u have not specified u worked with user exit or customer exit ... if it is user exit u dont need to activate in any project ex : mv45afzz , mv45afzb etc .,

If it is customer exit then u can definetly find the project for tht in ur production system , if u need any more clearity on this , pls reply with exact doubt.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD AND NV,

Thanks for clearing my doubts ,now i come to know that no doubt the Include is transported to the PRD server but it will be safe to transport the whole project.. I have one last question that if am going to transport the whole project and the include which i had transported then does is it gonna create some problem? I mean to say that the project is also having that include which is already transported....

Former Member
0 Kudos

No , if the project already exists contents will be over written , also make sure that if u have activated an exit in a project u can't activate it in differannt project , so when u transport the activated project , u do not get any problem.

Regards,

Ramesh