cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KANBAN Status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can we change KANBAN status automatically from EMPTY to UNDER PROCESS or INTRANSIT?

Is it possible then how.

Can any one suggest me the way.

Thanking you,

Krishna Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi,

you can define the staus sequence in customizing. Use OM16 and create a new status sequence. Define the right sequence with selecting + for used stutus and empty for non used status.

You can not change the sort order of the steps.

Save it and assign the staus sequence in the control cyle in the flow control tab (PKMC).

Kind regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I defined status seq and assained to control cycle. but status need to be changed manully in KANBAN Board (pk12n).

Is there any provision to trigger it automtically.

Thank u for ur reply,

Krishna Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Tcode : PKBC ( KANBAN Signal) you choose Next Status as Automatic Radio button so system will take the status automatically i.e. from Empty to Full and vice a versa. depending upon the statuses you have defined in the status sequence which you assigned in KANBAN Cycle as soon as you scan the barcode.

Further even if you aren't using Barcode in KANBAN then also you can automate status change as per sequence by selecting other radio buttons except Bar code under Possible entries tab in PKBC.

Pls try above & revert if still any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

Edited by: Tejas Pujara on Sep 23, 2008 11:19 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas

I have one control cycle with status sequence all , but when i take print out of kanban card it shows only two barcode with EMPTY and FULL written beside it

Does that mean all other status if i have selected for control cycle have to be triggered manually on kanban board ?

No option of changing all the statuses one by one by scanning kanban card ??

Please help

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard SAP, this is obvious behaviour by system since EMPTY & FULL only two statuses are Mandatory statuses which you can scan by Barcode.i.e. as mentioned by you only two values for EMPTY & FULL for Barcode you will get.As per my knowledge, with Barcode it is not possible to trigger other optional statuses.

If you want other statuses like Transit etc. which are optional statuses, you need to trigger them manually in PKBC by selecting KANBAN ID Number / Control Cycle No. & Kanban Number criterias and select respecitve status and save.

Hope this helps.

Award points if useful.

Revert if still any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot

As i asked from one running thread so i cant award points but this gave me lot of clarity

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In KANBAN system u can not change two status automatically with std system.

If u want to change two status automatically then u have to activate some user exit or BAPI for that particular transaction.

Eg:

For In house production suppose ur status sequence in like "Empty --> In process >Intransit-> Full".

Then when u trigger then kanban card (Make it Empty) then system triggers a planned order.

Once u convert planned order to production order when release or clicked on the save button then activate some BADI to change the status of particular bin to In process.

So when do the GR against production order then change the status from In process ---> intransit this setting to be done in the configuration.(Change status from In process ---> intransit activate GR tab).

So try to activate some BAPI with ur required application and try to execute.

Note : BAPI(T.CODE)>Production planning and control-> KANBAN use these BAPI

Regards

Vijay