cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

database table links information from report with crystal dictionary(dc5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am able get all database tables from the report file which is having crystal dictionary(dc5) file as a data source but I am unable to get links information between tables which exists in crystal dictionary.

I am using following code,

CRAXDRT.Application app = new CRAXDRT.Application();

IReport rpt = app.OpenReport(@"C:\abc\test.rpt", 1);

DatabaseTables databaseTables = rpt.Database.Tables;

CRAXDRT.TableLinks links = rpt.Database.Links;

In above code databaseTables shows number of tables along with all field details but links doesn't show any thing thought there are links exists in the dictionary file.

Note: test.rpt have a crystal dictionary file as a datasource.

Anyone can please help me as I really struct into this problem.

Regards,

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Crystal Dictionaries are not expected to work in a development environment. There's a note on the SAP site that outlines the many limitations:

[1211351 - Limitations of using Crystal Queries and Dictionaries for development purposes|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361706E6F7465735F6E756D6265723D3132313133353126]

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Thanks for you reply.

I am unable to open below link as it ask for username and password.

https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F6465...

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

I wasn't logged in when I found the link either, so I don't know why you can't get to it directly.

Here's what I did without being logged in:

Go to [http://sdn.sap.com|http://sdn.sap.com] and click on Business Objects in the horizontal menu bar. Then click on then Business Objects Notes link in the left menu bar and then click on the Search Business Objects Notes link on that page.

In the Search page search on Crystal Dictionaries. You'll receive a number of results, including the one I tried to link in my previous post. For me it was the 8th hit on the search results page.

I hope this helps.

Dan Kelleher

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

As I am able to get tables and fields information so there must be a some way to get links also.

So can you please consult someone else and get solution then It would be good because It's really a very important for me to resolve this issue.

I really appreciate your effort that you have put so far.

Thanks,

Amit

former_member184995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Did you look at the thread Dan posted in his last update?

Here it is again for your reference:

[;

Others also get as far as you do and then find out they can't do the table linking, that's because it does not work. There is no SDK for it, there is no work around that anyone knows of.

Sorry to say, but there is no known answer for your issue.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dan,

Thanks for your help.

I discover the following code which returns me tables and fields information from rpt file which is having dc5 file as a data source.

CRAXDRT.Application app = new CRAXDRT.Application();

IReport rpt = app.OpenReport(@"C:\abc\test.rpt", 1);

DatabaseTables databaseTables = rpt.Database.Tables;

Unfortunately below code doesn't return any links information between tables I mean relationships which exists in the dictionary file.

CRAXDRT.TableLinks links = rpt.Database.Links;

Can you please explore something more about this.

Thank you very much again.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

There is no expectation that you can run a dictionary based report at runtime using the RDC. Dictionaries were never designed to work in a runtime environment. Crystal Decision, Business Objects, and now SAP have never supported using dictionaries at runtime.

The answer is that what you're trying to do is not expected to work.

Please see this other dictionary thread for additional confirmation: [|]

Sincerely,

Dan Kelleher