cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail bounce For system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are trying to send an e-mail from my personal address the e-mail address (XXXX). This last e-mail addressed is connected to the (XXXX) e-mail address. Which will be delivered at the CP4 system.

However this mail is being bounced.

After checking the system we've found out that the connection from the mail server to the CP4 is working fine. However the mail does still not receive in SAP. Can you please check this issue. Maybe within SAP, maybe on unix mail-agents which are not running fine, or port-binding which is not correct.

I have checked

(1) <sm37> : SEND SAPCONNECT INT >>> suuccesfully.

(2) ,scot> : every thing is ok (green)

(3) <sost> : erroe >> Cannot process message in SAP System , long text >> No ESMTP Plug-In Is Available for SAPconnect

Application Server Used by the Send Process:

plsapcp401

As per sap note this parameter rdisp/start_icman = true

(4) <rz11> rdisp/start_icman = true

(5)from os level >> ping mail host mail port >> its pinging

Regards

mohsin mulani

Edited by: mohsin mulani on Sep 23, 2008 5:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi mohsin,

Check in SMICM that the ICM is actually up and running. Some times it doesnt start automatically. Then check if you have configured the SMTP service in SMICM -> Goto -> Services and there should be an entry for SMTP.

If not you will need to create one in SMICM (455140 gives the RZ10 instance parameters).

Hope this helps

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Scot you must have configured SMTP( to send mails out)

But to receive mails from other then SAP you have to have POP3 ( for receiving emails)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I do have the SMTP configured in SCOT. I compared the settings with another working system and find no difference in the SCOT configuration.

Thanks

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi prashant,

i want to receive mail in sap .

can u plzz tell me wat is POP3(for receiving mail)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohsin,

POP3 is the protocol to receive email similarly

SMTP is the protocol to send email.

Can you please go through the following notes, where you will get the detailed information of how to configure scot.

Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there

I am having this exact same problem, were you able to fix it?

Thanks

Hari