Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Reports XI and access

I have an access database that is used for residential inspections. The main table is the situs information while a linked subtable is the inspection information. The subtable is linked via situs ID. My problem is that when trying to create a report that list each address and all inspection information associated with that address only one inspection will print. The inspection fields are v-ditch, slope, manuer, date, insp by, and letter sent. The record will only print in crystal if ALL feilds from the inspection table have data. There are many instances where there is only a letter sent so the v-ditch and slope feilds are left null. How can I get all inspections to print for each address.

Thanks

Derek

Former Member
replied

Hi Derek,

In Crystal Reports, try going to Database|Database Expert. Select the Linking tab. If the two tables are only linked on one field, SitusID, I would suggest right-clicking on the link and change the linking to be Left Outer Join.

You may need to test with other joins such as Right Outer if the first one doesn't meet your needs.

Regards,

Wallie

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question