Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with BBP_POC_DISPLY Tr. Code (SRM 4.0) -Interface Data Contains Error

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SRM 4.0. Whenever I executed the BBP_POC_DISPLY Transaction Code from Web Broweser, SRM is giving error like "Interface Data Contains Error".

Kindly let me know do we have any OSS Notes for this issue/ suggest me any procedure to access BBP_DOC_DISPLY Transaction from Web Browser.

Thank You,

Best Regards,

Sudarsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you trying to change the PO or just displaying PO ?

Is it Limit Shopping card ?

regards

Muthu

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

I am trying to Display PO (Only Display Authorization) from web browser.

I want to assign this Tr code 'BBP_POC_DISPLY' in PFCG -> Cross-application Authorization Objects -> Transaction Code Check at Transaction Start while maintaining Custom Role for SRM Employye because we want to provide Only PO Display to the Employee Role and we want to restrict SRM Employee not to process PO like print, edit etc.,.

We are using Extended Classic Scenario and Normal Shopping Cart (SRM 4.0).

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Edited by: KOYYA SUDARSANA NAIDU on Sep 23, 2008 6:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can only use this transaction if you have a PO to display. If you try to start this as a menu entry, you haven't given it a PO to display.

Just to test you can pass the PO_GUID in the address bar.

If you do a search on this forum with no restrictions on date you will find a post from Pierre Vanhoove that explains what you should enter there:

Something like:

http://../sap/bc/gui/sap/its/BBP_POC_DISPLY?sap-client=200&sap-language=EN&PO_GUID=<po_guid32>;

However the 'correct' way of doing this is to adjust the user role to include the BBP_POC transaction and adjust the authorizations to just display rights. You can use the BBP_WF_LIST badi to limit the POs people can see.

(and additionally for people on SRM 5.0: you can use BBP_UI_CONTROL_BADI to influence the buttons you can see).

Regards,

Robin

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

I think your answer is very helpful to my issue. I awarded points - FYI.

I have queries about to change the authorization (to only display authrization) in BAdI.

I can find the role at runtime in the BAdI (if the BAdI is triggerd while extarcting the existed POs details from the Web Browser). Once I find the User Role in the BAdI BBP_WF_LIST, how I can adjust the User role to only PO display (BBP_POC's activity as display) with the help of BAdI as I did not find the data USOBT_C (Relation Transaction > Auth. Object (Customer)) in BAdI Method (as import/export values).

Kind Note: Table USOBT_C is used to maintain Object BBP_POC and its Activities like Disply, Print, Edit etc..

Kindly guide me how I can implement the BAdI for my issue.

Thank You,

BR,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You don't need to use the badi BBP_WF_LIST. This is only to restrict the hit list of orders. Often there is a requirement that a person can only see his/her own orders and not those of others.

The other is that you need to adjust the user role using transaction PFCG (so this is not done in a BADI) and change the authorization profile in there to include display rights for the po. Or create a new user role with only display rights and add it to the user.

Regards,

Robin

former_member348740
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

We maintained Menu for Purchase Order Disaplay with BBP_POC Transaction in Custom Role (Ex: Z:GENERAL_EMPLOYEE) because BBP_POC_DISPLY cannot be used as this is giving error like Interface Data Contains Errors (SRM 4.0). BBP_POC is mainly used for Purchase Order Processing.

We assigned BBP_PD_PO activity as Disply only in Z:GENERAL_EMPLOYEE under BBP Components. Then we assigned this role to required users. Still these users are able to see print preview and give print also.

But We would like restrict the users not to see the preview and not to give print preview. For this we tried Screen Variant, UI Screen BADI.

If you have any idea let me know.

Thanks,

Sudarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe you can do something with the following link, it is for shopping carts, but probably will work for po as well:

And I think the only way to disable/remove the preview button is to modify the its template for the bbp_poc service, unless someone else knows another way.

Regards,

Robin