Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Alerts for Single error in interface

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done alert configuration which is generic for all the interfaces, if any error occurs related to outbound or inbound then it raises and alert and send mail to help desk.

This is working fine but when any error occurs in interface the alert is sent many times to the email id.

I have tried number options to make it work it is not working. If anyone faced the same issue can anyone help.

Regards

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194786
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

Select the option "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule " in the Alert Configuration. It will help.

Regards,

Sanjeev.

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

This happens because you have a generic alert rule for all interfaces and when the error happens in the communication channel before the receiver is determined, multiple alerts are triggered. It is suggested to create more specific alerts to reduce this effect.

Thanks

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1. Make sure that the security setting of your Browser is set to minimum level.

2. Next, select the Option--> and then click on Modify Rule.

3.Uncheck the "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" and click on update button ,

if it will ask for security logon , then 4.click logon , sure it will change.

Regards.

Siddhesh Naik

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have already uncheck the "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" and click on update button . But it is still generating multiple messages.

regards

Ria

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

>>I have already uncheck the "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" and click on update button .

u have to check the "Suppress Multiple Alerts of This Rule" in RWB.

then problem will be solved.

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points If Useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many alert rules have you defined?

If you have defined multiple alert rules ..what differentiates one rule from the other? Are you sure all the rules you defined are unique?

Regards,

Sumit

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Summit,

I have defined 5 rules and all rules r unique they r not same.

Please help ! ! !

Regards

Hema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mehta ji,

If the rules are unique and you have selected the option Suppress multiple alerts then theres no way that duplicate alerts would be raised.

Can you take screenshots of the rules you have created and upload them in somewebsite and provide us the links.

Regards,

Sumit

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

This is XI functionality so it's not an issue.