cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Large Excel File - Xcelsius 2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having issues previewing a file I created. The underlying excel file is fairly large and complex (8mb, 15 tabs, significant amount of look-ups/linking). When I try to visualize, it just continues to think. Is there a way around my issue? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

Unfortunately, Xcelsius is not designed to handle the large volume of embedded data that you have described. There are basically 2 approaches to resolve your issue:

1) Try to aggregate the data and simplify the lookups, to reduce the total number of cells until Xcelsius is able to process it;

2) Store the large volume of data in an external data source and retrieve only the necessary subset of data via one of Xcelsius's external connectivity options including web services or XML etc.

Also, with 15 tabs, depending on the number of components you have within each tab panel, you may also be pushing the limit of how many total components Xcelsius can handle. However, based on your comments, I would say the real issue is the 8MB Excel file, a size which Xcelsius simply cannot handle.

Regards,

Mustafa.