cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm using BI7.0 . My source system(ECC 6.0)having different Currencys like USD,CAD,EUR...ect

In transformation I need to convert to one US currency. I read different documentations in SDN but I could not find exactly.

If anybody have simply steps to convert currency ,please provide me I

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using BI7.0 so I can't use update rules so in the transformation how can we convert currency?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

if u r using BI 7.00 then u have to write rountine in the tranformation..

while mapping the source currency field to the corresponding currency key figure in the target do the following:

You must select a key figure in your data target side of transformation and double-click on it to open the Rule Details dialog

Then you can select the Routine with Unit entry

under the Rule Type item.

Click on the Change button next to the rule type to

open the ABAP Editor.

And here u wirte the routine for the conversion from various kind of input currencies to a single USD currency

see the below link for more details.. its very helpful

http://www.apentia-online.at/UP/Apentia/files/Article/SAP_BW_User_Exits_and_BAdIs.pdf

Assignn points if it was helpful

Regards,

Kalpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really very good documentation.

Again I have 15 Currency Keyfigures so I need to write 15 routines each for one keyfigure and the performance wise also not good

Is there anyway we can include in StartRoutine? not individuale routine for Keyfigures.

Also, is it possible for you provide Entire ABAP Develpoment for SAP BW manual, you only send me Chapter 4(User Exits in Data Import Processes)

Anyway I will assign fullpoints.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roshan,

In BI its possible to replace key figures with: Customer exit (for user-specific coding).

You can try writing your code in this customer exit for the currency key figure.

I am sorry i dont know ABAP coding..