cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G/L Account Determination Document for SBO 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to find a document (word, excel or pdf) that explains the G/L Account Determination and its accounts. In which documents inside SBO are those account used? I see more accounts used in SBO 2007 and use trial and error to see these but preferred a document. I have seen the empowerment session about account determination but do not explain each of the accounts. Any help ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Refer to this thread

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I saw the thread but is not related to g/l account determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for attaching wrong thread .

Please refer to the following information

g/l Account Determination ---> purchase ---> Expense Account

Define an expense account to be used as the default when a transaction of domestic purchasing is posted, for example, an A/P invoice. The system also selects this account as a default when you create new warehouses, item groups, and item master data records.

The expense account is applicable only when you use non-inventory items.

g/l Account Determination ---> purchase ---> Purchase Credit Account

Define an expense account to be used as default when a credit transaction for purchasing is created, for example, an A/P credit memo.

This account defaults for new warehouses, item groups and item master data records creation.

The purchase credit account can be the same as the Expense Account, in case you do not wish to record credits to a separate account.

Setup g/l Account Determination ---> inventory ---> Expense Clearing Account

Define an offsetting G/L account to clear journal entries created by A/P invoices and goods receipt POs. This G/L account is used in journal entries when the Allocation account is also involved.

Setup g/l Account Determination ---> inventory ---> Goods clearing Account

When you close goods receipt POs or goods returns, this account is used as an offsetting account to the Allocation account. In this case, the system does not register an inventory transaction; however, it creates a journal entry involving this G/L account.

Clearing account: An account to which postings are recorded temporarily because of a time gap between accounting transactions, organizational task distribution, or accounting transactions requiring clarifications.

No matter what kinds of clearing accounts, they will be temparary accounts per se.

Link for Archive Sessions:

http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000131752007E/ExpertSessions.htm

And more information ,you can take a look at help file by hitting F1key

Hope this helps.

Bishal

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Hector,

I have pdf document about G/L account determination. It is downloaded from SAP Partner portal. it is a 2004A version, 2005A ad 2007A. This note 1090171 is also useful to resolve the issue about G/L Account setup

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the files. I will use them. Some months ago I made an Excel File showing what accounts determinatios are used in each of the marketing and banking documents. It was a simple diagram for each of the documents that looks like these:

DOCUMENT NAME    
                                Debit          Credit
G/L Account                      X
G/L Account                                        X

It was made from some help files and trial and error. I would documentation to expand these and be more precise.

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That sounds good. All users or clients will understand the G/L account transaction in B1's document.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Documentation Resource Center includes "How to Determine GL Accounts" for version 2005. I have not seen a similar document for 2007, but there are only a few additional accounts - the 2005 paper should be helpful for most purposes.