cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No data returned from Crystal XI after upgrade from Crystal 8.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've opened & saved reports in the XI version, but when I do a preview of data all I get is the headings - no data. Any suggestions?

I'm connecting to a Sybase 12.5 database using a Sybase ASE ODBC driver (syodase.dll). When I do a test connection I am fine.

If I make the report over from scratch I get data along with the headings. I would really like to NOT re-create all the reports we have currently in crystal 8.5 so I'm hoping someone has an answer for me.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Tracy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

The first thing I'd confirm is if the database connection is pointing to the same database, and if it's the same database client version. The only time I can see this type of behavior occurring is if there is a difference in database fields.

Try going to Database|Verify Database... and see if the database has changed.

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm pointing to my test database. I only have one on one server. I have done the "Verify Database" several times; always says it's ok.

thanks for the suggestion,

Tracy

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Since the report was created in CR8.5, in CRXI please go to Database|Show SQL Query. If the Reset button is enabled, please reset the query and try refreshing the report again.

In previous version of Crystal Reports the Show SQL Query section was only meant to only be viewed and not modified. If it was modified, this could be causing the issue.

Regards,

Wallie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! I now have data. The down side is now I have to go to all those inherited reports and figure out why & in what way folks modified the query...

Again, thanks so much,

Tracy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracy,

Try with this:

Might be reports are loosing database connection.

Update your database from Database -> Set Datasource Location ->Update

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've done this, and did again after your posting. No change in results.

Thanks for the suggestion tho.

Tracy