cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR dependency problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

My problem is as follows:

1)I have created a java DC which contains several classes.

2)In that DC’s public part, I have created an assembly (by choosing “Can be packaged into other…”) which exposes all of the classes.

3)I have created a second DC which is a WebDynpro DC.

4)In the WebDynpro DC I have declared the 1st DC as a “used DC”.

5)I have built and deployed the Webdynpro DC – this part works fine. However, when we run the webdynpro I get an error that states that the classes from the JAVA DC are not known to the Webdynpro.

I think that the problem might be that the .jar files are not packaged into the webdynpro .ear file as a result of a bug in the ANT script that is generated in order to package this .ear file.

I have created a second scenario which uses a J2EE Enterprise Application instead of the WebDynpro. This project too results in an .ear file but this time the .ear DOES include the classes from the JAVA DC.

Furthermore, I have looked at the build.xml files of both the projects (the webdynpro DC and the Enterprise Application DC). While the Enterprise Application’s build.xml contains the line:

<copy todir="C:\Documents and Settings\I029211\.dtc\POCCAF\t\644CC03E11A2633C5526B12EC82461DB/jars">

<mapper type="flatten"/>

<fileset dir="C:\Documents and Settings\I029211\.dtc\POCCAF\DCs\sap.com\xapps\poc\common\_comp\gen\default\public\CommonDataObjects\">

<include name="lib/java/."/>

</fileset>

Which is responsible for bundling .jars into the .ear file, the WebDynpro’s script contains no such line (or anything similar).

That leads us to the conclusion that the problem might be in the generation of the ANT script of the WebDynpro project.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u try adding the referenced DC project name(in the format of <provider name>/<application name>) in the sharing references of the second webdynpro DC? I suppose this should solve the problem.

Regards

Shakeel