Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUIM not showing complete user list

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying SUIM for

USER -> Users by Complex Selection Criteria -> Auth obj [S_TCODE] value [VA01].

The User list is not coming out complete.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> The User list is not coming out complete.

>

And how you came to know that ?

Did you exported it to excel ? If yes, then probably you need to scroll the output, then only SAP retrieves it from database/tables.

Regards,

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps you are searching for "Transaction code"? This field relates to the menu.

Try enter object S_TCODE in object 1 and hit "Enter". Then enter "VA01" and execute.

You might also want to ask yourself how that tcode came to be in the (composite?) role...?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for response,

If I check the user profile, the user has that tcode assigned but when I search it in SUIM that user is missing in the SUIM output list. There are only 4-5 users so scroll up down has nothing to do.

0 Kudos

Try this

SUIM -> Roles -> Roles by Complex Criterion

Auth Object : S_TCODE

Field : VA01

Get the list of all the roles which has access to this tcode.

SE16 -> AGR_USERS -> Paste all the roles of SUIM and execute to get the list of users.

Regards,

Zaheer

0 Kudos

Hi Zaheer,

You kind of missed the whole point, I already know the users and everything, it is just that this functionality is not working and I am looking for fix the broken functionality like some OSS note, not a work around.

0 Kudos

You kind of missed to explain the query in the intial posts.... anyways... i haven't observed this.. will check this tomorrow morining and will let you know.

Good Day !!

Zaheer

0 Kudos

I did not say anything about scrolling.

> Try enter object S_TCODE in object 1 and hit "Enter".

...is what I said.

Which release and SP level are you on?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

no possibility to search for SAP notes on the SAP marketplace?

A short excerpt of the result list (I strongly recommend that you enter your current SP-level during searching to keep the result list as short a s possible):

977577, 1057654, 1227083, 961294,....

b.rgds,

Bernhard

0 Kudos

Comparing SUIM to AGR_USERS can cause differences in both directions...

- SUIM < AGR_USERS = role not generated or "describes" an access which is infact not in the authorization data.

- SUIM > AGR_USERS = user has manual profiles.

0 Kudos

Hi

This is what I did

SUIM>Users>Complex selection>s-tcode>enter>va01>enter>execute user doesn't show up

We are on latest SP and it is profile assignment.

0 Kudos

Okay... then scroll down...

... to Object 1 and enter S_TCODE there, hit "Enter" and enter 'VA01' and then execute.

Does that match?

(see the posts above)

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

>... and it is profile assignment.

Manual profiles? Then you will be unlikely to make a match to AGR_USERS unless you inserted the profile into a role in whichever way...

Sounds like a mess (if I may say that). Don't be too surprised if standard tools compared to expected and interpreted tables don't match...

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

Have you checked that there is no active filter on the result in SUIM like not show locked users or anything like that?

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried the option ?SUIM-> users->users by transaction authorisations

0 Kudos

Hi Shivraj,

In my opinion first find out which all objects are associated with t-code, after that you can find who all are authorized to use particular t-code through SUIM. ( you can search by roles >t-code also but sometimes user may get authorization due to some auth. object which is associated with t-code)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the problem you are having is that if you run the SUIM report by user and use the field "transaction code" it will search for the tcode that is assigned according to the "menu" part of the role. Try to do the same report with the auth object - S_TCODE with the tcode that you want and that should give you the "missing" users.