cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion with PI 7.1 with integration scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, expert,

I read a lot of documents before I have physically logged on to PI 7.1, I thought I had a very good idea about the new version. However when I am physically in PI 7.1, I found I get a little confused.

I know ES is a big thing in 7.1, but I will be working on integration (integration scenario), I thought this part is not changed from 7.0 to 7.1. Basically in 7.0, you defined message type and message interface, message mapping and interface mapping, then you go to ID to configure the integration scenario. However in 7.1, you do not have message interface anymore, instead, we have service interface under which you define operations, which is fine from ES perspective. But if I am only interested in integration, what I need is like PI 7.0: outbound interface, mapping, inbound interface, NOT the operation. Now how can I define 7.0 message interface in PI 7.1? (I know operation mapping is 7.0 interface mapping).

Can I make following understanding?

1) Operation in 7.1 is like messag interface in 7.0

2) Service Interface is a tool to group multiple related operations under one roof.

3) To define integration scenario, I do NOT need the modeling. Modeling is only relevant to model ES, NOT for integration scenario.

So if I am only interested in integration scenario, what is changed from PI 7.0 to PI 7.1?

Thanks for advice

Jayson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Can I make following understanding?

> 1) Operation in 7.1 is like messag interface in 7.0

Service Interface with one operation whose name is same as the service interface and Xi 3.0 compatible type is same as 7.0 Message Interface

> 2) Service Interface is a tool to group multiple related operations under one roof.

Yes.

> 3) To define integration scenario, I do NOT need the modeling. Modeling is only relevant to model ES, NOT for integration scenario.

Yes.

>

> So if I am only interested in integration scenario, what is changed from PI 7.0 to PI 7.1?

I did not work much on this area but, as long as you are replacing the interface mapping with operation mapping things must be pretty much same here. For your information, Integration scenario is not a compulsion unless u want to represent the scneario graphically and create the ID objects automatically.

You can create the ID objects manually whitout creating an integration scenario on ESR.

VJ

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jayson,

There are a ton of changes. essentially moving pi 7.1 more into the esoa domain with a service oriented integration.

try searching this forum for pi 7.1 changes.

Regards

Ravi Raman