cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't select Infopackage Processing Option for "Data Targets Only"

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I create an infopackage on an export datasource of a basic infocube, the Processing option "Data Targets Only" is greyed out so I cannot select it. Why does the system prevent me from selecting "Data Targets Only"? (Although we are on BI 7.0, we want to use an infopackage for consistency purposes.) Update rules to downstream data targets are all active and executable allowing us to send data through a PSA to targets, but we would like to totally skip the PSA due to space constraints.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have BI 7.0 modelling.You need to use DTP.

PSA can be avoided only for small amount of data using there is a check box which needs to be ticked in DTP.For large amount you need to load via info package till PSA and later use DTP.

If you have BW 3.5 or below modelling(meaning TR and UR) then you will be able to find select datatarget in the infopackage itself.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry Praveen, but your comments are not true in my situation. I am using 3.5 modeling (transfer/update rules) in a 7.0 BI system, but I CANNOT selection "Data Targets Only" in the infopackage. It is greyed out. Please read my original question carefully.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the below :

Create new infopackage and see if that works.

or

Try loading from the infopackage and see if you get some errors.If so what is the error ???

In the update option what is ticked Only PSA ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

We tried creating a new 3.5 infopackage, but the "Data Targets Only" button is always greyed out.

We can load via PSA (using the same infopackage) with no problems, but would like to skip the PSA due to data volume and time constraints.

I'm not sure what you mean by "In the update option what is ticked Only PSA ???" There is no option for this in the Update tab of a 3.5 infopackage.

I strongly suspect that because we created a new DTP for this datasource, we are no longer allowed to skip the PSA in infopackages. See my previous note on this.

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry I meant the "processing" tab not upadate.

Why was the DTP created ??

Was the migration of datasource done and TR and UR changed to transformation.If yes then you cant use info package now.I mean you cant load to datatarget directly

While migrating it would have asked for infosource name or generate a new one.What was the infosource chosen during this ?

Edited by: Praveen G on Sep 23, 2008 9:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Praveen. Your response made me ask the developer how he generated the transformation. He couldn't remember details about the datasource migration, but we believe his actions effectively changed the datasource such that it now requires a PSA. This answer is fine for now. Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comments, but please note that even though we are on BI 7.0, we are still able to use the "Data Targets Only" option for many other similar infopackages, even with large amounts of data.

One of our analysts discovered that, in addition to many infopackages being used against this datasource, it also has a new DTP that is used to load one of its targets. We believe that since there is now a DTP, we are now being prevented from avoiding the PSA in all infopackages as well.

Has anyone else noticed a similar situation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can ignore PSA only for small amount of Records.

We have the option of Ignoring PSA in DTP.

Just check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

in BI 7.0, PSA is mandatory and its not possible to skip PSA.

THis is because PSA will act as a Backup and erroneous records can be edited here and then subsequently loaded to datatargets thru DTPs ..

So in BI u cant bypass PSA..

Inorder to avoid the space constraints run a process chain to delete the contents of the PSA and set the no. of days after which u want the data in PSA to be deleted

Regards,

Kalpana