cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDClientUser. getClientUser("caf_gp_svcuser") returns logged in user

former_member191469
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to get a service user in a Web Dynpro Callable Object so that I can navigate through the currently running Guide Procedure process, but when I execute the following:

IWDClientUser administrator = WDClientUser. getClientUser("caf_gp_svcuser");

it returns the logged in user instead of the service user. I can get a service user?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharth_jain
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you require the IUser object of caf_gp_svcuser user then you can try the following UME Apis in your WD application.

IUser svcUser = UMFactory.getUserFactory().getUserByLogonID("caf_gp_svcuser")

Siddharth

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member191469
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you both. In answer to your response Satyajit, caf_gp_svcuser is a user, it is defined as a UME user in my Portal UME. I did not define this user, it was already there when I was looking for a service user to use. Kushboo, I did not find anything in the doc that you provided a link to. There was nothing in there about getting a service user or even about navigating processes through the API.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

have alook at this doc :[Doc|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e3f07a7a-0601-0010-ebbd-b9cfb445b814]

chk this class also:[http://help.sap.com/javadocs/nwce/current/gp/com/sap/caf/eu/gp/co/type/api/IGPCallableObjectType.html]

it might hlp u

Regards

Khushboo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to the javadocs of WDClientUser.getClientUser(String),

>Gets the IWDClientUser with the client user ID supplied as input parameter, if existing. If not existing, the currently logged in client user is returned with an arbitrary clientUserID.

This clearly means that "caf_gp_svcuser" doesn't exist as an user - this is correct because "caf_gp_svcuser" is a role and not an user.

Regards,

Satyajit.