cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you produce both Customs Export & Import documentation in an STO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

How do you produce both Customs Export & Import documentation in an STO scenario? For instance, if a company would like to create a STO in SAP to move materials from one plant to another and would like to produce both the Export & Import paperwork in GTS, what documents would be needed in R/3 to make this possible?

Would the following be needed, or is there some other way?

- STO

- Outbound Delivery & F8 Invoice to generate the Customs Shipment in GTS for the Export documentation

- Inbound Delivery to generate the Customs Declaration in GTS for the Import documentation

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are correct :

1. STO

2. Outbound Delivery & F8 Invoice to generate the Customs

Shipment in GTS for the Export documentation

Inbound Delivery to generate the Customs Declaration in GTS for the Import documentation -- actually here your require GR document against inbound delivery for creating the declaration .

In order to screen stock transport order POu2019s for export licensing we need to apply OSS Note 676301. Usually purchase orders are handled as import documents but in this case the PO is really an export relevant document. Therefore, some slight changes in a user exit need to be applied to make the STO PO relevant for export.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sameer -

Yes, for the Import documentation, I think we will be declaring prior to Goods Receipt, so we will first use the Inbound delivery, and then the GR document later on once the materials have been received. (I believe you and I were talking about some of this in another thread actually.) Thank you for confirming this.

As for the Note, I have also seen this - but thought that this was to more or less give visibility to the sending plant up-front at STO of what export licenses might be needed. (According to the note, currently they would only be able to check if licenses were needed at the outbound delivery, and not on the PO)

Per the note: "Given a Stock Transport Purchase Order scenario: Plant A in Germany issues a STO PO against vendor plant US10 in the US. GTS looks at the PO in terms of importing from the US (departure country) coming into Plant A in Germany and performs compliance checks. Meanwhile, exporting plant US10 only has visibility at outbound delivery creation to see if am Export License is needed. Exporting plant US10 may want to know if they need a license to the country of destination, in this case Germany, at STO PO creation."

However with the proper country-level export/import activation of the legal regulations, I believe that you can still have the STO check export-related licenses even though it is mapped to GTS as IMPORD. I have done some testing on this and it appears to work (you just need to ensure that you are activating the relevant countries for export/import properly in the legal regulation, and you can have both export & import documents check the same legal regulation and deliver the correct license determination). I was just wondering if you had any experience with this that was contrary to what I have found, or if there is something you think I am missing..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I missed to mention that in our sceanrion we have not configure Import license determination , so wanted the export license determination , i guess when you have import piece configured it will work you are correct.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to trigger the creation of the Customs Declaration directly from just the PO & Goods Receipt, without needing to also create an inbound delivery, or is the inbound delivery always needed to create the Customs Declaration? If so, what other configuration would be needed?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Inbound delivery is only required for the situation where u want to do cusotm decalaration before GR if you doing Custom Decalaration after GR u dono trequire inbound delivery to be pushed to GTS.

Regards,

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know what specific config you need to accomplish this? I am unable to see any documents in Customs Processing -> Enter Customs Declaration After GR (either with or without a delivery being created from the PO).

In the case where I create only a PO & delivery and then check in GTS, I am able to display the documents in Customs Processing -> Enter Customs Declaration Before GR, however if I choose to create the Goods Receipt before creating the Customs Declaration in GTS (either with or without a delivery being created from the PO), I am unable to see any documents in Enter Customs Declaration After GR.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i m also stuck at this , i create a PO does create inbound delivery it lands to GTS, and did GR against the inbound delivery .

But still i am not able to see any doc in worklist for Custom decalaration after GR.