Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server using MaxDB 7.6

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I am running ECC5.0 using Oracle 10g and also running EHS module. Since EHS contribute the data growth 15 times faster than other SAP modules total, I decide to move EHS MSDS (pdf files, etc..) to content server using MaxDB 7.6 in order to slow down the data groth. I have set up the content server and the connection between SAP and content server is fine.

I can also move the pdf files from SAP into content server and I can also access the pdf files after I moved it to content server.

However, I would like to verify the pdf files in the content server MaxDB. Is anyway I can find out where is the data stored in the content server MaxDB? how can I find out the table name that the data stored? Like oracle, I can find out the table and run SQL to retrieve the record. I believe MaxDB come with SQL studio that should be to do something similar but I just don't know how to approach it. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I can also move the pdf files from SAP into content server and I can also access the pdf files after I moved it to content server.

Hi LaDo,

the Content Server schema design is actually pretty simple.

The documents you store into the content server are saved in LONG columns. So to access this data you would have to read this binary data by a program. You cannot simply use a text-based SQL interface like sqlcli or SQL Studio for that.

> However, I would like to verify the pdf files in the content server MaxDB. Is anyway I can find out where is the data stored in the content server MaxDB? how can I find out the table name that the data stored? Like oracle, I can find out the table and run SQL to retrieve the record. I believe MaxDB come with SQL studio that should be to do something similar but I just don't know how to approach it. Thanks.

As I've written above, the data is stored in binary form and you will have to use a program that takes this data and saves a file from it.

Anyhow to explore the content server schema, just use the SQL Studio or the DB Studio, logon as the SAP<SID> user and check what tables there are.

There will be displayed just in the DB Objects treeviews.

regards,

Lar

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lars. I am able to login as SAPR3 and display the tables. As you said, the data store in binary format. I just wonder do you know the reason why SAP EHS said moved 267 objects but it only shows 38 records in the content server. I don't see any error during the migration. Thanks again.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Never mind. I figure out the problem. Thanks again.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LaDo,

I couldn't reply earlier - so what is it you figured out?

Share your new knowledge

regards,

Lars