cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line break/carriage return in formula

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have an IF ELSEIF formula that works fine. Problem is they now wants the result to show a few paragraph instead of a few words. Can someone help me figure out how to insert line breaks/carriage returns in a formula. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To insert carriage return/ Line Break use chr(10) in between the lines. For example

Line1chr(10)Line2 gives the output as

Line1

Line2

Regards,

Raghavendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It does do that but the chr(10) shows up as well. How do I get that not to show?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Chr(10) will not be printed. Please check whther you placed in double coutes like "chr(10)" it should be chr(10).

"Line1"chr(10)"Line2"

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is what I have:

If (CurrentDate> {@21Days}) OR (CurrentDate >{@LastMonth})THEN "NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF CHILD CARE CONTRACT FOR NON-PAYMENT OF FEES. + chr(10)+ Lets see how to make a paragraph"

ELSE

If (CurrentDate<{@LastMonth}) THEN "SECOND WEEK NON-PAYMENT/PARTIAL PAYMENT NOTICE"

ELSE

If {tblAROpenDoc.dtmDocDate} in LastFullWeek THEN "FIRST WEEK NON-PAYMENT/PARTIAL PAYMENT NOTICE" ELSE ""

the chr(10) shows

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this

If (CurrentDate> {@21Days}) OR (CurrentDate >{@LastMonth})THEN "NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF CHILD CARE CONTRACT FOR NON-PAYMENT OF FEES." + chr(10)+" Lets see how to make a paragraph"

ELSE

If (CurrentDate<{@LastMonth}) THEN "SECOND WEEK NON-PAYMENT/PARTIAL PAYMENT NOTICE"

ELSE

If {tblAROpenDoc.dtmDocDate} in LastFullWeek THEN "FIRST WEEK NON-PAYMENT/PARTIAL PAYMENT NOTICE" ELSE ""

Former Member
0 Kudos

That did it. I can just repeat what you did for each paragraph I need for each of the IF statements, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you need to repeat the same for each paragraph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. The Billing Department will be excited to learn that it can be done.

Answers (0)