Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Bottomline Paybase special form printing - Help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

First I apologize if this is not directly related to ABAP. We are currently implementing SAP ECC 6.1. Instead of printing special forms (AP check, Payroll Check and Direct Deposit advices) via SAP we will use the PayBase software from Bottomline Technologies. Paybase is very simple; it reads text files that has the data for the forms and based on locating the data by row and column location in the text file it prints the special forms on a laser printer. Our implementer is having difficulty producing a TEXT file from each form and instead has given us RDI files which has data tags associated with each data item to be printed. These would work but not all data elements have unique data tags and not all fields that are on our forms are in the RDI files. Actually, I am not sure what these RDI files are. Again, we simply need a TEXT file for each type of form as they are produced by the business processes (Payroll, AP processing, etc.) that can be read by the Paybase software for printing. Bottomline will simply change our PayBase program to look in the new spots for the data as compared to the current text files we use in our legacy applications we're migrating from. So my question, is there a way programmatically that a text file with the data generated for AP checks, Payroll checks and Direct Deposit advices can be produced each time they are generated? I found that you can export as text from the spool request (SP01) screen but is there a way to have the data as it's produced in SAP automatically generated to a text file, again just the data that Paybase could use to send to the forms via it's print software? Thanks!

Jeff

802-747-5536

1 REPLY 1

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please find a small info related to RDI

RDI files are created using sapscript Raw Data Interface (RDI)

and some external text management systems can be connected.

This can be controlled using sapscript print programs.

Say for example

Forms can be printed via the raw data interface using the function modules OPEN_FORM The function module has an additional optional import parameter: RAW_DATA_INTERFACE.

if input values for this parameter is " X " then output will move to spool, if it is " I " output will be IDoc

This you can configure thru SE71> form name> change> from the top menu>attributes>miscellaneous> RDI output mode and output device.

I think you can configure this to output mode I (IDoc) and send the IDoc to a File port. So in the File port Output will be in TEXT mode.

I think this will help you out.