Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUS2081 Problem with PreliminaryPost

hermanoclaro
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone.

Thanks for taking a look on this question.

The problem is related to an approval workflow for parked invoices. We need to the client approve one at a time, but the workflow stop on the task that perform this method when two or more invoices are released. I think that's because of the MRM_PARKED_INVOICE_POST and MRM_INVOICE_LOCK, these two functions returns a message command when there's an error. This may be holding the task back because it's run on background.

Someone has come with a problem like this? There's another way to release parked invoices? How can I solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

-h

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think if you are facing problem you should try to create a Custom method for your application and then use it.

Thanks

Arghadip

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hermanoclaro
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for everyone. The problem was with two or more invoices of the same PO being processed at the same time, because MRM_PARKED_INVOICE_POST locks the PO and sends a MESSAGE of error, holding the background task fo the workflow.

To solve this problem, besides it's not 100% accurate, I used the function ENQUEUE_READ to know when the PO is released then allow the next invoice to process.

Thanks for everyone.

-h

hermanoclaro
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the answers, but I think I was not very clear on what's happening.

The problem is not generating errors. The task that calls the PreliminaryPost method don't get off the processing status. The method in question is a Z copy of this method, because we need to do some other validations, but nothing that would get the processing hang there (it's using the same functions on the original method).

Every purchase order item has a invoice, so, for a po with 3 itens I will have here 3 invoices. Every one of these invoices generates a dialog for approval on the SBWP but, when a person approves the three workflow items, the process hangs on the task that performs the post of them, but one of these invoices are posted and the task has this status: "logically released".

Thanks a lot,

-h

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You may have to delegate the custom business object you created for BUS2081. After delegation, use the parent business object i.e. BUS2081 in the workflow step not the custom one. this may solve the problem.

padman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The workflow stops because the error received and you donu2019t take care of this error in your step (you can see the error message in workflow log)

You can see the known errors in TC SWO1 method (preliminarypost) ->icon exception.

Go to your step in your workflow and activate the outcomes for this error in outcomes tab.

In the outcome you can do something to take care of the error.

Regards,

Ronit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you understand that these errors occur due to lock problems, then you should have the 'error monitoring job' active in the system. It will take care of most of such issues.