cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Card Status (PaCa) status Not Approved for authorized card in VKM3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are noticing that SAP is displaying payment card status as 'B' (Not Approved) in VKM3 even though the order has been successfully authorized with the credit card. Does anyone has any idea why and when SAP does that? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Paresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Is the status on the order or on a subsequent Delivery?

Is the authorization for the FULL amount of the order or for some portion of the order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

> The status is on the order.

> The authorized amount is for the total amount on the order.

Thanks,

Paresh

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hmmm...

This is field VBUK-RMPSK, correct?

Was the status set to be during the Order Save in CREATE mode? Or was it set to 'B' sometime later? Are there any subsequent documents yet?

You can debug the code in FORM PRUEFUNG_KK_AUFTRAGE in INCLUDE LVKMPF0L where this status is set during Order Save. I know that there are several OSS notes available which affect this INCLUDE and FORM, so it may even be that you need to apply some OSS notes - depending on the version of R/3 or ERP you are running.

You'll want to watch the value in fields DA_COST and DA_AUTWR. Those are the values SAP compares to determine if the status should be set to 'B' or not.

Eric Bushman

Vice President, Solutions Engineering

[Paymetric|https://www.paymetric.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Please see my response in line..

This is field VBUK-RMPSK, correct?

>Yes

Was the status set to be during the Order Save in CREATE mode? Or was it set to 'B' sometime later? Are there any subsequent documents yet?

> I am not sure as its in production system and I could not see any log entry for this field. I am not able to replicate this is our Dev environment. No, there are no subsequent document yet.

Thanks for the info on form names to debug. Unfortunately, sometime to understand SAP's logic we had to debug their code (and decode documentation....:-) ) as there is hardly any good documentation of their credit card process.

Regards,

Paresh Joshi

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, good documentation on this particular niche topic is difficult to come by.

I would think that either the authorization is expired (is it by chance a manual authorization?) according to your configuration or something with the line items is causing the amount SAP "thinks" needs to be authorized on the card to be HIGHER than the amount that was actually authorized.

Debugging the form I mentioned will definitely tell you what the exact issue is. I'd be interested to know what you find!

Regards,

Eric Bushman

[Paymetric|http://www.paymetric.com]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Its automatic authorization. But good news is that we have solved the issue....

The confirmed quantity on order line was 0 because of stock unavailability. In the info record for the material the lead time was 10 days. When I changed the lead time to 0 and then saved the order again, the status got changed.

Only thing I did not understand is how it went for authorization in first place as SAP do trigger authorization is there is no stock availability. Oh well, at least we know how to solve this problem.

Thanks for you help.

Regards,

Paresh

former_member202002
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Paresh,

In your configuration look at the value you have set as the Authorization Horizon (part of the Checking Group config) - if it is BLANK or 10 days or more then that would explain the authorization. It could also be that in INCLUDE MV45AFZH there is code in the userexit AUTHORIZATION_VALUE_SPLIT which forces SAP to perform an authorization for the full amount before the items are available for shipment. I'd be more inclined to think it is the Authorization Horizon setting though.

In any case I'm glad you figured it out!

Eric Bushman

[Paymetric|http://www.paymetric.com]