Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanting delivery quantity and picked quantity in VL03N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

This must be a very obvious question for most of you but please help me

understand the difference between two columns in VL03N - delivery and picked quantity.

We have implemented WMS.

Here's my example:

1. One outbound delivery with one delivery item.

delivery quantity = 100 pieces

2. Warehouseman using mobile device confirms 40 pieces of material (batch A)

3. Warehouseman does not confirm the remaining 60 pieces from batch B

4. Now when I display delivery item in VL03N I have the following situation

(item level, batch level is disabled)

Delivery qty = 100 pieces

Picked qty = 60 pieces

First question: Why picked qty = 60 instead of 40. The warehouse confirmed

40 pieces of material so picked qty should be 40. But for some reason it

shows unpicked quantity.

When I click "+" (for batch split)

BATCH A: delivery qty = 40, picked quantity = 40, picking status = "C", WM status = "C"

BATCH empty: delivery qty = 60, picked quantity = 60, picking status = "C", WM status = "B"

Second question: why column "picked quantity" for empty batch (not confirmed yet)

displays 60 pieces. The remaining 60 pieces has not been confirmed yet.

Best regards,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First, there is something you must clarify. You say that batch split is disabled but you talking about allocating two batches - pls explain.

Second, delivery quantity is what the client requires to be delivered; picked quantity is what needs to be picked. So using your example, 40 were picked, remaining still to be picked is 60.

If they now print a picking slip, the 60 will be used to tell the warehouse how much they still need to pick.

Please clarify my first question so that we can help further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kookie,

Second, delivery quantity is what the client requires to be delivered; picked quantity is what needs to be picked. So using your example, 40 were picked, remaining still to be picked is 60.

This is my case.

a) warehouseman confirmed 40 pieces of batch A.

b) Before he confirm remaining 60 pieces of batch B I go to VL03N to see how this transaction indicates

that there are still 60 pieces left (or that only 40 pieces of batch A has been confirmed yet)

VL03N > I click "+" (for batch split) and get two rows for the delivery item

Line 1: delivery qty = 40, picked quantity = 40, Batch: A, picking status = C, WM status = C
Line 2: delivery qty = 60, picked quantity = 60, Batch: null, picking status = C, WM status = B

While second batch has not been confirmed (picked) yet, the second line should look in my

opinion like this:

Line 2: delivery qty = 60, picked quantity = 0, Batch: null, picking status = C, WM status = B

Picked quantity for unconfirmed, remaining quantity shoud be 0. However SAP shows "60". Why?

This is confusing. The only way for me to check what quantity has been confirmed is to examine

WM status column.

Best regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

I think this is an error because normally, you would not part pick. Normally you would change your delivery quantity to 40, pick it and assign it a batch.

It seems to me that what happened here, is that, picking was done with batch split, but the second lien was done incorrectly. Please note that you say that the 2nd line shows picked quantity 60 and picking status C = Complete.

This shows that picking was done.

I would suggest reversing what was done and follow the standard process.

Answers (0)