Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interface Toolbox - Comparison Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a quick question.

Please could anybody explain on the comparison period for the Interface toolbox.

If an interface is run for 10th month, 2009, is not possible again to run the interface for 10th month 2008?

If so, how does the comparison period work?

Please help me resolve the question...

Quick response will be appreciated!

Thanks

Sushmitha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved the pblm.. thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK .. now here is the explanation for the comparision period about how it works.

Lets say, you are sending

"wage type 1100 - 80 hours for period 10.2008 in period 10.2008."

when you run a retroactive for the period 10.2008 in period 11.2008, you are changing the record that you sent in period 10.2008.

"wagetype 1100 - 102 hours for period 10.2008 in period 11.2008"

While the retro is being run, the comparision period compares this new record with the record for the same period which went across previously. If any changes are found, then the toolbox identifies the changes in the retro and only sends the changed information across.

Means, in period 11.2008, while sending the information the toolbox sees a change of 22 (102 - 80) hours for the period 10.2008 and only send the 22 hours.

Hope it is clear now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply! I have n't enabled the no retroactive checkbox.. then is the reason why the interface is not working in the scenario which I have mentined above....

Please clarify

Regards

Sushmitha

Edited by: Sushmitha S on Sep 23, 2008 5:12 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to run the interface for a previous month. Interface toolbox is same as any other interface.

In my case, we are sending time wagetypes through the interface toolbox, and I know we are running the interface toolbox for previous periods, incase we have a retroactive work to be done .. meaning if the time sheet of a previous period is updated.

Sorry, I didnt get you regarding the comparision period.

I hope this helps you.