cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 4.0 PO Approval Workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to SRM and have been tasked with designing a Purchase Order Approval Workflow.

Many Shopping Carts can be used in creating one PO. This workflow will have to only be approved (by the same user that approver the Shopping cart) if the PO line item value is greater that the shopping cart line item value. I.E. The workflow must compare every PO line item to it's respective SC line item and if the value is greater then the original SC approver must approve the PO, therefore we could have 'n' approvers

I see that SAP delivers WS14000145 - N~step approval for PO, would it be advisable to use this workflow and write the logic into the BADI or should I look at creating a new workflow ?

P.S. Thank in advance for your input.

Raveen Moodley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Yes the BADI for PO approval allows you to implement your own ABAP code, and therefore to compare the SC items with the PO items.

But concerning your remark, the only way to have a PO created from several SC is the Sourcing cockpit, and/or the grouping function (new in SRM 4.0) with the scheddule of a report in SRM that processes the grouped items (made automatically in the sourcing custo, or manually in the sourcing cockpit using button "submit for grouping).

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your input, I'll implement my logic into the BADI.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raveen,

Could you please award few points if you feel our replies are userful.

Regards.

Pras

diegohs
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I hope you're well. I have question regarding "Submit to grouping" button.

For a mistake, a purchaser clicked that button (Submit to grouping). As a result, he cannot see that position in SoCo.

How can I "undo" this event?

pd: I noticed that field SOURCE_REL_IND = A in table BBP_PDIGP.

Thanks for your help Vadim !!! 😃

Kind regards from Mexico,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim

I need to find out ( from the workflow container or elsewhere ) which of the two trigerring events ( SAVED and CHANGEVERSIONSAVED ) has trigerred of the n-step PO approval workflow ( WS140000145) . I remember having done that ( or am i dreaming ) in the past for workflows with multiple triggers where you can read a container value . I simply cannot find it in this work flow . Is there a way to do this ?

Any help is much appreciated .

Vik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raveen,

Any news ???

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raveen,

Goto transaction SE18 -> Enter BAdI Name as BBP_WFL_APPROV_BADI.

Select 'Display'.

Then from Menu GOTO->Sample code ->Display.

OR Goto

IMG -> SRM - > SRM Server ->Business Add-Ins ->SAP Business Workflow -> Determination of approvers N step...

Double click to see sample code related to this BAdI.

You can have this as as a starting point.

Also, activate triggering events in WS14000145 (Transaction PFTC).

Make sure to check entry in event linkage (Transaction -SWETYPV)

Please reward few points if find this reply very helpful.

Regards.

Pras