cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Execption in ccBPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to All.

Recently I working with SAP XI (now SAP PI) since one month ago, I have a few experience with this module.

I need to handle execption and error. I read about that , some persons told me use BPM . and other said use Fault Message Type.

Please anybody help me?.

Thanks and Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luis Ortiz,

Yes it is right that you can handle error in both the way.

In BPM you can handle exception(error) on any step by using block with exception branch. You have to define exception for that block and insert exception branch. Assign that exception to the exception branch. And put your processing step inside block. In properties window of that step select exception. In exception branch you can do whatever you want to do in case of error e.g. you can send a message or you can terminate the processing by using control step etc.

Whereas in case of Fault Message

If you define Message Interface using Fault message in any Synchronous or Inbound Asynchronous and use this MI in an interface. If any error occured in this interface, whether System Error or Application Error, Fault message will be return to XI.

But as per my knowledge you cannot send content of this fault messge to any system.

Regards,

Sami

SudhirT
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this thread

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u can use Exception branch and control step and through the alert in BPM when a perticular exception occurs.

go thru following blog...

Thanks,

Madhav

Note: Points if useful

Edited by: madhav poosarla on Sep 23, 2008 6:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

if you want to send any message based on exceptions you need to use BPM.

In this case you can trigger an exception branch based on system error and applicaiton error.

For applicaiton error you can use the fault message type.

regards,

Milan