cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costing run and MM periods

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In MMPV, I had to keep the month 9 i.e Sept open, but instead I entered the next period as 10. Bcoz of this, the MM period for 9 is closed. I created two costing run variants for the month of September i.e from 22.09.2008 and two for October i.e 01.10.2008. Now, I am not able to release the prices for the two october variants since it says that the period is not reached i.e 01.10.2008. Secondly, I am also not able to release prices for one of the September variants as it says that "Company code 1000: period closing has not yet taken place". I am really new to product costing and wanted to test many scenarios for Baseline as I am trying to implement best practices.

What are the options available.

- Wait till 01.10.2008 to start my testing for those materials involved

- Going back to the previous period in MM i.e Sept

Regards,

Satish Ramanan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member740051
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to reopen the MM period using the transaction code MMPI. You can do it if you are working on sand box.

If you do not open the period, you can release your prices only on 1.10.2008, no other go.

i hope, it helps!

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP allowed resetting closed periods in earlier versions (old primitive). Anyhow check what message you get when you carryout MMPV with month September. If you are not able to reset the period the only option is to wait till the clander month October starts.

Thanks & Regards,

Varadharajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could do either of these.

1. If you opt for first option - since the system date is in september, you will not be able to release till 1st October 2008. You need to wai till 01.10.2008.

2. If you change the periiod to Sept, then also for the cost estimate that has the validity period from 01.10.2008 cannot be released. You can release only on 01.10.2008. You can only create and save the cost estimate

hope this will clarify your queries

Happy learning

Best Regards

Surya