cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle 10g client installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

To install the Oracle 10g database client software perform one of the following steps on the central and dialog instance.

If you have an instance-specific exe directory on the central instance host, you install and replicate the client software automatically with sapcpe on each application server, every time the system starts:

If you do not have an instance-specific exe directory on the central instance host, you have to install the client software manually on the central instance host.

I have one central instance (with SAP installed and Oracle database) and two dialog instance on two different servers.

Operating system : Windows

How can i make sure if there is instance specific exe directory on central instance host or not?

Regards

Ricky

Edited by: Ricky kayshap on Sep 22, 2008 6:36 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricky,

Below notes will give you some idea.

Note 998004 - Update the Oracle Instant Client on Windows

Note 1104735 - Upgrade to new instance-specific directory on UNIX

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

my question here is :

During oracle client installation:

How can i make sure if there is instance specific exe directory on central instance host or not?

Regards

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you do not use application server, then, you are using a central instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

There are one CI and two app servers, all are on WINDOWS

Among the options mentioned above, which option do i have to choose during client installation.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

look Note 998004 - Update the Oracle Instant Client on Windows

first stop sap server ( stop all application server first and then central instance)

perform step d and e.

then Unpack the Oracle Instance Client on central instance.

after that start CI and then DI ( Application server) The Oracle Instant Client is automatically distributed to the instance-specific DIR_EXECUTABLE directories

regards,

kaushal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you