Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flat file encryption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This might be the wrong forum but I take the chance

has anyone comed along a way to encrypt and send a flat file wihout using XI?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write Shell scripts that can do this for you.

Shell scripts that look for files in a specified directoy, encrypt them & FTP them.

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok - but the file must not at any time appear on a directory unencrypted. So it must come out of R/3 as an encrypted file... Is that possible?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>> but the file must not at any time appear on a directory unencrypted

I doubt this is not possible in ABAP. You should control the folder access permissions if data is sensitive.

Regards,

Siva Maranani

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

but the file must not at any time appear on a directory unencrypted. So it must come out of R/3 as an encrypted file... Is that possible? -

Yes its possible. i m providing 2 ways :

1. Encryption of message can be done using PGP encryption utlilizing its java api.

Also see this :

2. FTP Protocol is used without Encryption.

FTP connections of the File/FTP adapter can be secured by using FTPS, which is FTP over SSL/TLS. The File/FTP adapter acts as an SSL/TLS client to the FTP server both in sender and receiver channels.

Check this :

If you want to encrypt the data then you need to use

Connection Security Option as :

FTPS (FTP Using SSL/TLS) for Control and Data Connection.All communication with the FTP server is encrypted and uses TLS/SSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

But as stated in my first message, I cannot use XI, and it is a flat text file (not XML).

Any ideas?

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the SSF interface might help you out.

However, the SAP NetWeaver app server does not provide the encryption routines itself, you need an external security product. You could then use the report SSF02 to encrypt individual files.. If you're looking at encrypting files on a larger scale though, you might need to do some custom implementation.

Here is the information about SSF:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/53/251a355d0c4d78e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm]

Regards.

Siddhesh