cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BCS "migration" to new system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear collegues,

Weu2019re currently upgrading BW from 3.5 to 7.0 and BCS from 4.0 to 6.0. However weu2019re not carrying out a normal upgrade (the reasons for this option did not have anything to do with BCS application).

We started with a new BI 7.0 server, then we carried out the BCS customizing transports (in Business Consolidation Workbench) and we are now migrating the BCS Infocubes data from BW 3.5 to BI 7.0.

Weu2019ve several open issues to overcame but the most worrying one is about the Consolidation Monitor tasks status: Despite weu2019ve got the data in Total Records and Journal Entries in BCS 6.0 (because we made the Infocubes data migration from BI 3.5 to BI 7.0), we donu2019t have the tasks status updated in the BCS Monitor.

Do you have any idea on how can we solve this issue? How can we have BCS Monitor tasks, in BI 7.0, correctly updated?

Someone has already implement this scenario? Who can prevent us from other problems to be solved?

Thanks in advance and best regards.

Célia Guerra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have a working system to look at right now, but something similar was done on a previous project (we moved from one production server to another for system consolidation purposes, however both systems were 6.0).

I believe there is an ODS that stores the task status. We were able to successfully migrate the task monitor status and log files for everything except consolidation of investments. For this task, the log files didn't trasfer. I believe this was due to the SIDs for the hierarchy nodes not being consistent between systems. We would up taking a manual download/archive of the log files for all the periods we had consolidated (FYI - not a fun job).

Sorry I can't be more help, but I know it is possible to move some of what you're asking. If there's not an ODS, you may need to look around for any UC* tables, or look in UC4011 (I think) to see if any tables are generated that sound like they'd be used to store this data.

Hope that helps,

- Chris

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thye best I can suggest is to close the periods. With enahancement package 2 or 3 it is possible to make all periods closed and thus they must be explicitly opened before processing can occur. This may also solve the issue.

Otherwise, I am not aware of any ways to change the status without executing the tasks, which may be waranted for testing and validating the configuration. Once validated, it may be possible to "copy" or "clone" the test system into a production system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dan,

What I'm looking for is exactly a way to "copy" or "clone" the actual monitor tasks status from PRODUCTIVE BI 3.5 (BCS 4.0) to BI 7.0 (BCS 6.0), to have the same system bheavior as if it were an upgrade.

Tests to validate configuration will be made, but besides that, I need to ensure to end-users the normal and continuous operation of the system.

Thanks

Célia Guerra

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not aware of a way to get what you are requesting other than what I previously stated.

Hopefully some others will provide solutions.