cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design report outside of code?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to pass in a report template or design into the report engine instead of building the entire design in code? JasperReports has a way of passing in report data and a design and allowing the tool to create the final report.

Does anyone know if any Business Objects SDKs support something like this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Farhat,

I checked out there site and JasperReports also uses one of our products called Eclipse, it is the Crystal Java Report Designer.

So yes we do have a report designer that can be used. Report Templates can be developed using Crystal Report Designer.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply...I have some follow-up questions.

Can I pass in data from a universe to a crystal report design to create these reports? Also, can crystal reports be scheduled like the webi documents created by Infoview or the report engine?

What I would like to be able to do is take advantage of the querying capabilities of the report engine (building a query from objects obtained from the universe) but then also have the flexibility to design the report outside of the code.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Farhat,

Currently, the way to create a Crystal Report off of a Universe is using the Crystal Reports Designer (not the Crystal Reports for Eclipse designer). That invokes the Query Panel within the Desinger, with which you interact with the Universe-based Query.

There's no programmatic way to create or modify a Universe connection in a Crystal Report.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (0)