cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consolidation of Investments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are now implementing SEM-BCS 6.0 in the BI 7.0 server and we have some doubts about Consolidation of Investments.

For consolidation of Investments, we have defined in Location of Values to read Investments and Equity data from Totals Database.

Our problem is that, with the investments being read from Totals Database we have no field to insert the participation share.

In the Consolidation monitor the Investments and Equity data are correct but the field to insert the % of participation share is disabled.

Where can we insert this % of participation having the investments data being read from totals database?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ana,

In order to provide investment data in the totals, assign to the investment items a subassignment with a unit = VAL. Data that accepts this field should be as percentage plus 5 extra zeros. Like 85% will be presented as 8500000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your quick response.

Although I canu2019t find the u201CVALu201D to introduce in the unit measure at the subassignments. (Iu2019ve put the % in the unit)

Where can I introduce the % of participation share?

Because in the monitor the quantity field for the % of participation share is disabled. I believe that is disabled because we defined in Location of Values to read Investments data from Totals Database.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ana,

I doubt that it will work with %. Try to enter the system in English and in the subassignment assign to unit the fixed value = VAL. Then include into your flex upload structure the unit. In the corresponding file for upload provide the percentage needed (with 5 extra zeros) to the investment item. Do not forget about the investee also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Iu2019ve entered in English and I really donu2019t have the VAL unit. Iu2019ve changed the % to UN. But Iu2019ll continue searching for the VAL.

But my main issue is how to introduce the participation share.

We are uploading from BW (and before from R/3) the Investment data (imagine for example the item 4111000000).

And we defined in Location of Values to read Investments data from Totals Database. That implies that in my monitor (in a manual data entry task) the value of the item 4111000000 is reported with the same values as in R/3 - BW.

But the field to input the participation share although id there is disabled and doesnu2019t allow us to introduce any value.

How can I introduce the participation share?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ana,

In case of manual data layout you may right click on the cell where you want to enter the data and choose the (last, I think) option -- something like "why the cell is disabled for entry". The system will tell you WHY.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understand correctly, that you are reading data from BW, then load-from-datastream method is used for reading ECC data ledger data into BCS. In that case you want to include the ownership share as a quatity value. This may be accomplished in ECC if the account field status is optional or required for quantity.

Otherwise, if the data is to be manually entered in BCS, the using the totals database for investment data provides no advantages, and using additional financial data is my recommendation.

If you still decide to use manual entries for ownership and location of values from totals, then the breakdown category assigned to the investment account must include quantity as optional or required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My favourite option would be:

u201CIf you still decide to use manual entries for ownership and location of values from totals, then the breakdown category assigned to the investment account must include quantity as optional or required.u201D

How can I put 0CS_TRN_QTY which has the role Quantity as a subassignment?

The Unit of measure is already a subassignment and is being considered in the breakdown category of the item, but I canu2019t put the quantity in the breakdown category?

How can I do that?

Thanks.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Including unit of measure in the breakdown should make the quantity field available. It is not ncessary to have quantity in the breakdown category, just unit of measure. Please try this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

The quantity field for group shares is available but not editable.

I mean, Iu2019m getting my Investment and equity data from the totals database, but the group shares data is not in the totals database. And I need to insert the group shares in a method at the monitor.

How can I do this?

How can I input the group shares in consolidation monitor having the equity and investment data being read from totals database?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually Ana,

it's difficult to give some useful advice without feedback.

Correct me if I'm wrong. You tried to upload investment data (including shares) with flexible upload. You didn't succeed in it and tried to enter the share by using manual entry layout. Right?

If yes, then I'd try to attract your attention to my last message. The system could tell you the reason of the field disability.

Did you try it???

Most likely the system will tell that the field is a node. That means that you didn't include in the layout some characteristics, for example, an investee, or a MoveType etc.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using the task: UCWB > Consolidation Functions > Other tasks > Posting group shares? This may help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I reinforce my previus message, Iu2019m getting my Investment and equity data from the totals database, but the group shares data is not in the totals database. And I need to insert the group shares in a method at the monitor. The quantity field for group shares is available but not editable. How can I input the group shares in consolidation monitor having the equity and investment data being read from totals database?

Thank you very much for your help.

Answers (0)