cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when running a Web Dynpro application

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created a webdynpro component and created a service call to a FM with IMPORTING parameter as PSTLZ and in the MAIN view( the only view in the component) I created a label and an Input field, I binded the input field with the importing parameter of the FM( in the context of the view) and tried to run the application....but it gives me error as :

Adapter error in &VIEW_ELEMENT_TYPE& "PSTLZ" of view "ZSERVICEREP_LOOKUP.MAIN": Context binding of property VALUE cannot be resolved: Node MAIN.1.INPUT does not contain any elements

Thanks.

Deepti Kaza

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What did u declare context attribute in the view .

and check this blog how to use service call method.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9cb5d345-0801-0010-6a8e-fc57c23f...

thanks

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for a prompt reply.

In the FM: I have one IMPORTING Parameter : I_zipcode

5 changing parameters : pstlz, arbpl,ktext,cat_text,p2p.

what I did as per the tutorial mentioned by you is : I made a service call to the FM and got the IMPORTING and CHANGING parameter in the COMPONENT CONTROLLER.

Now in the context of the View : MAIN, I tried to map the Importing to the INPUT FIELD ..I was not able to map it to the root node so I created a node INPUT and under that I created a context attribute, I_ZIPCODE....now when I try to map the I_ZIPCODE of the view with the I_ZIPCODE of the component controller, I am not able to do that.

Thanks,

Deepti Kaza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepthi,

Dont map attribute of component controller to attribute of view context.

Now your problem is you are unable to map the controller context to view context.follow the below steps.

1.Durectly drag and map the Controller context node (Importing) to the view context node(INPUT).

Then you bind the attribute I_ZIPCODE to the Input element in Layout.

( or )

2. Right click on view context node INPUT and select define mapping then a pop up will comes with Controller nodes.select Importing node and then click ok.Thats all your view context node will mapped to controller context node.

Thanks

Suman