Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish service from ABAP to service registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently upgraded XI to PI 7.1.

Our backend Business system is still on NW 6.4.

We have web services that are implemented on the backend 6.40 that we are trying to publish to PI 7.1 service registry.

I have setup RFC destination on the ABAP as follows

Connectioon Type - G (HTTP connection to Ext Server)

Target Host - xyz (PI 7.1 host) Service No. - 50000

Path Prefix - /uddi/api/inquiry/

When I test the connection, I get 404 Not Found error.

Whats wrong with my setup? Am I missing something here?

Regards

Haseeb

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How did ou create the webservice? By modelling it in PI and generating a proxy on R3? If so.. you can directly log on to the service registry and provide the WSDL URL to publish it. You should be able to see the WSDL link on the SPROXY transaction...

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello VJ,

Yes I modelled the service in PI and generated the proxy. Subsequently I have create the web service in the backend out of the proxy as we want to call the backend system directly.

I dont have an option to publish the WSDL for the proxy to service registry as our backend system is ECC 5.0 which is on 6.40 and the only option for WSDL from sproxy is to take it to a file.

I do get the option to publish the WSDL from se80 to service registry but that is where I have the error.

Regards

Haseeb

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haseeb,

You should be able to publish the WSDL from PI 7.1 service registry. There is an option for publishing the web service using the url of the service.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

VJ,

Yest that is an option. I was just trying to make it even easier to publish right from the backend.

Regards

Haseeb

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not very sure but can you try with HTTP port which is used for your PI, from Tcode SMICM -> Services.

Hope it helps.