cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence When Using Constants and Summation in DSO Transformations

0 Kudos

I am experiencing what appear to me to be inconsistent results when using rule type "Constant" with aggregation of "Summation" in two different DSO Transformations. In each case, I am attempting to summarize data from a more detailed DSO into a less-detailed DSO, while counting the number of records in the source DSO.

Case 1: Count the number of Sales Document Lines for a Given Shipping Point

Source DSO Key is 0DOC_NUMBER + 0S_ORD_ITEM

Data Fields: 0SHIP_POINT

Target DSO Key is 0DOC_NUMBER + 0SHIP_POINT

Key figure K_QUALSOL - Rule details:Rule Type = Constant, Constant Value = 1, Aggregation = Summation

This one works; it correctly counts the number of sales doc lines for each shipping point. I assume that it works because it assigns a constant value of 1 to each SOURCE record prior to doing the summation. Correct?

Case 2: Count the number of Deliveries for a Given Sales Document / Shipping Point Combination

Source DSO Key is 0DELIV_NUMB + 0REFER_DOC + 0SHIP_POINT

Target DSO Key is 0DOC_NUMBER + 0SHIP_POINT

Note that 0REFER_DOC in the source DSO is mapped to 0DOC_NUMBER of the target DSO

Key figure K_NUMDEL - Rule details:Rule Type = Constant, Constant Value = 1, Aggregation = Summation

This one DOES NOT WORK! I assumed that it would assign a constant value of 1 to each SOURCE record prior to doing the summation, but instead it appears to do the summation, and then assign a constant value of 1 to each TARGET record.

Why the difference in behavior?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is with the way the keys are assigned in the two cases.

In the first case, all documents are summed accrding to the shipping pont.

whereas i the second case, shipping point is a key in both target and source.

thats why the difference. take two or three documnets in both cases and do the summation to verify.

0 Kudos

Raj,

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes, you have correctly identified the way the system responds. But what is the rule? The behavior appears to be inconsistent. In the first case it assigns the constant before summarizing, while in the second case it assigns the constant after summarizing. There must be a consistent rule, but I don't see it.

Answers (0)