cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-In Bitmap format with transparency

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our add-in we want to make some icons for the external command tool bar and inside the add-in menu.

In the document 'Creating Custom Add-Ins' the following text is present on page 2:

The ICommand class can be thought of as a class that creates all the information needed to create a single add-on function. Its main properties are:

u2022 Name u2013 The Name of the menu item that is exposed in the Add-Ins menu.

u2022 commandID u2013 A unique integer value to identify the menu item selected.

u2022 Bitmap u2013 small version of the icon to show up to the left of the menu Name and in the external command tool bar.

u2022 largeBitmap u2013 A larger version of bitmap.

u2022 Description u2013 Hint or help text to be displayed in Crystalu2019s lower toolbar describing the add-onu2019s function.

The parameters Bitmap and largeBitmap do not need to be supplied, and can be passed a null value. This will call the menu item to be displayed without an icon. However this will also cause the Add-On to not be available on the external command toolbar; this tool bar only displays icons without text.

The top-left-most pixel will be used as the transparent colour for the icon, meaning this colour will be ignored and not drawn.

Note: This version of this paper does not contain information on how to load and set the bitmaps. An updated version of this document will contain it.

I tried png bitmaps (with transparency in the bitmap itself) and bmp bitmaps (with the top-left-most pixel as subscribed above, 24-bits), but cannot get the transparency to work.

Maybe I need the 'updated version of this document', but cannot find this newer version.

Can anybody help me?!?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dennis,

We would like to have some more details like the VS version that you are using, the Crystal Product you are using and if the application is a web based or windows based application.

Please note that we can create customized controls rather than any changes made to the build in controls as any changes made to the product changes its base line and the effects of it in the Product are unforeseen.

Thanks.

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on MS Vista, in Visual Studio 2008, with Crystal Reports 2008.

I'm working on an add-in, and have used the document that you can download from https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/6011

And the Add-in works fine. And I have posted some messages on this forum about 'my' add-in. For example:

The only thing I want to do now is make the icons look good in the menu and toolbar in Crystal Reports 2008

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody help me with this question? Maybe one of the Crystal Reports / SAP people?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont have much idea about addin.Found a [link|https://boc.sdn.sap.com/node/6011] to download sample code for addin.

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

My add-in is based on this example, and this examples does not contain any icons for the menu and toolbar.