Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend Doc types..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope everyone is doin fine..

We have issues regarding generating backend doc types to the same backendsystem..

Want to maintain different doc types..

For SC from puchout catalogs we want a backend PR (Pur Req doc type)..

For Locally created SC we want to create a backend EC (Pur. Req. doc type)..

For requirements coming from external system want to create backed PO (Pur Ord doc type)..

We are trying to maintain these doc types for the same Pur Group....

Is this scenario out of the box.. or do we have to use any of the backend followon doc badis to do this..

Regards

Manoj

Message was edited by: manoj anakapalli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your scenario you'll use Pierre's BADI to choose between PR or PO depending on SC type and item type.

Concerning the 2 doc types for the PRs, the standard only proposes one number range for PR in a backend. A solution may be to declare a second logsys in SRM for the same backend and double the attributes in the org plan for the second logsys.

Good luck.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre/Vadim,

From what i understood, this is not a standard out of the box custom.. and we have to implement a BAdi..

For two docs as you have mentioned that we replicate another backend sytem of the same type but how would we know ehich BE system is picked..: is the deciding factor the Product Category..

i have also come across Badi's for followon doc's

Pur. Req. in Backend System: BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK

Pur. Ord. in Backend System: BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK

will that be helpfull here .. not really sure..

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

If we replicate the backend system in SRM, my concern was if we have to create another org strucute to maintain all the attributes for the new target system as a lot of the attributes refer to the first backend system..

or will it work by only adding another BSA attribute for the backend system in the same org structure...

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have to manage the attributes in the existing org plan, but be careful, manage <u>all the system dependant attributes</u>.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Thanks for your inputs..

we could solve this by using the followon doc Badi's..

Regards

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys

I have a similar query say I create shopping cart in classic scenarios which creates a PR in R/3.

how ever i have 2 doc types in R/3 for PR.

One PR01 for all Material PRs and Second PR02 for services.

how do I make system understand that based on my product category it has to pin point the correct document type for PR in r/3.

Say if my material group is for material system should generate PR with document type Pr01 and if my material group is for service category it should use Pr02.

Regards,

Nimish Sheth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manoj

We are also having similar requirement as below.

SC from catalog A creates PR in backend.

SC from catalog B creates PO in backend

SC from free text creates PR in backend.

Can you explain me how did you resolve your issue and what BADI did you use and what logic(code) you applied in BADI.

Please share your experience.

Thanks in advance

Jagdish

pvanhoove
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

You probably could use the badi BBP_TARGET_OBJTYPE (Determine Target Object in BE System).

Rgds

Pierre