cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Details of *Initial run in days* in transaction QA07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

A background job is scheduled to create inspection lots for batches approaching the Next Inspection Date . I observed that the variant contains the plant but the Inidial run in days is kept blank.

Please let me know how the system will behave when this field is left blank. How many days prior to the date of next inspection the lots will be created ?

Regards,

Manish.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

if the filed is blank,system considers as on date.

if you run teh QA07 for a perticular bacth, then system checks the Expiry date, if the date matches for today or previous day then system considers taht bacth for the process.

The opening period is calculated using the initial run in days

If the batch expiration date or the next inspection date is in the opening period, the chosen action is executed

-ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Suppose following is there in system :

1. There are batches for which the next inspectin date is todays date or dates prior to today

2. There are batches for which the expiration date is today or prior to todays date

3. Now I run QA07 with Initial run in days blank

As a result inspection lots of type 09(re-inspection) will be created for batches in point no. 1 and batches mentioned in point no. 2 will be moved to BLOCKED stock.

Is my understanding right ?

Regards,

Manish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

yes exactly!!!!!

-ashok

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please test and let us know what you find out. If you make no setting change in the top half of the program and do not enter a date, I beleive you won't get any lots.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

you need to enter the material ,plant and batches .in the selction screen.

-ashok

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If initial days is left blank it will not run that section of the program. It must be 1 or greater for creating inspection lots.

Craig