cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii,,,,,,

....sometime the message comes GL A/c needs an assignment to CO objrct...Can you xplain me in details what dose it mean when it comes....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you create GL account as a cost element,it is required to post to cost object(Cost center,Internal order,WBS element,Network or COPA ).

you are expense(P&L) gl accounts are cost element and whenever you book costs to P&L account you have to post to cost object.

hope this helps you.

Thanks,

Rau

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In SAP, CO data will be captured from the other modules seemless through different co assignments.

As per the field status group, some of the gl accounts mentioned co assignments required, optional like that, If any GL accounts required for Co assingments you need to assign the concerned co Assignments viz., cost center, internal order, wbs,profit center etc.,

If u want to post the automatically you configure the OKB9 where, particular gl accounts assigned to one cost center or profit center basing on the valuation area level or company code level also you can maintain. Otherwise, simply you can assign default account assignment to the particular cost elemetn ( gl account in fi) master. But, OKB9 will be taking the priorigty if u are using the same cost element ( gl account in FI).

I hope I understood your querry , if not please let me know.

Regards

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks....

now jst explain me what should i have to do if i get the same error...

where and what should i look to rectify this error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If the system throws error like this, Consultant usually make use of the transaction OKB9-Automatic Assignment so as to give the default assignment to solve the problem. Here, we can put more than one Cost center with reference to the business area or plant. Trust this helps much! Cheers!