cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP to server outside the network not working?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to send some text files from XI to a 3rd party system.

They have provided me the IP address id/password (no directory as they are dumping files on FTP root directory).

When I send the message from XI, I see the status WAITING in RWB. (SXMB_MONI is ok Chequered flag)

Using my desktop pC, I choose Start>Run> CMD> ping <ip address>

and it said the Destination host is unreachable.

I wanted to know

1> How to confirm if this IP address is reachable

2> Since directory is not provided, I am using '/' in directory field. Is it OK?

3> Why am I getting the status WAITING in RWB( for adaptor engine message) and SXMB_MONI is chequered.

Regards

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192295
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is due to network configuration problem better to check with network team it will sort out easily.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, If you cant ping the FTP server then dont think the comm channel will be able to deliver. Talk to your network security team to open the firewall for you.

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the audit log for this message look like. The messages is in waiting status because of some errors in communication and you will find more information on the error in the audit log. You may post the audit log (only those in error) if you need help.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

As advised by you, the audit log clearly mentions that the connection timed out. (Log attached below).

So is it the BASIS /infrastructure team whio will need to sort this out or something that I will have to do.

Many thanks

Shirin

2008-09-22 14:26:21	Error	Attempt to process file failed with Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
2008-09-22 14:26:21	Error	MP: Exception caught with cause com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
2008-09-22 14:26:21	Success	Acknowledgement creation triggered for type: SystemErrorAck
2008-09-22 14:26:21	Error	Exception caught by adapter framework: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect
2008-09-22 14:26:21	Error	Delivery of the message to the application using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error when getting an FTP connection from connection pool: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.concurrent.ResourcePoolException: Unable to create new pooled resource: ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect.
2008-09-22 14:26:21	Success	The asynchronous message was successfully scheduled to be delivered at Mon Sep 22 14:31:21 BST 2008.
2008-09-22 14:26:21	Success	The message status set to WAIT.

kkram
Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like its the issue with the firewall in your network. Please involve your network guys to check why the IP is unreachable. They can trace each hop and identify where it is getting stuck. You can try command tracert <ip address> in CMD to see the various hops the connection takes. The last hop where it hangs is the one where pin holes have to be made.

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error say connection time out that means u cant able to reach the server to pick the file.

take basis help for this.

Regards,

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before running the message, check your communication channel, if it is green,

Try to download FILEZILLA freeware where you can configure ur FTP address username nad pwd, check whether it is working or not.

It is a useful tool.

There you can view the actual FTP.

Try connecting via FTP followed by address in CMD.

Regards,

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>1> How to confirm if this IP address is reachable

This shld be ping the target IP means send & Receive the data when u ping the Address.

& also check in the Receiver CC monitoring through RWB

Regards

Seshagiri