Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM notification breakdown duration

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

when creating a new maintenance notification (IW21) and not checking Breakdown, the system still automatically calculates breakdown duration?

Can anybody tell me why that is, is it normal and is it possible to change it?

Thanks in advance,

MaryM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not normal.

Check if you have any exits active that might be setting a value or through badi NOTIF_EVENT_SAVE.

-Paul

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mary,

Here in my case in tcode IW51 only wen i tick on the breakdown indicator i am able to get the breakdown duration, but want it the other way round i.e. even if i dont check the indicator i should be able to get value of breakdown duration.

Regards.

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prithi.

This is not possible.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

to be honest I'm not sure it is possible to do so.

Anyway, you can try to implement user-exit to calculate breakdown time manually and then move calculated value to breakdown time field.

Regards,

MaryM

Edited by: MaryM on Oct 6, 2008 4:05 PM

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone,

you were right, there was an exit activated.

MaryM

former_member499912
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi MaryM,

The functinality you are saying is not SAP standard . The Breakadown checkbox is important for calulating MTTR and MTBF. If this check box is not marked then it is not considered for nay report analysis.

Regards

Anil Kumar

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mary

Without the tick it should not calculate the break down hours.

Where u find the breakdown hours. I dont think you found in the notification.

I think, U have found it in analysis. Check it out " It is start and end date"

- Pithan

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pithan,

tcode IW21, tab Malfunction, breakdown.

When changing status to Finalized and Complete notification, it does calculate breakdown duration (Breakdown field not marked)

Thank you!

MaryM

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Ur using Notification Type : M2

Are u using production system

- Pithan

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

No production system..

MaryM

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi mary

According to pauls message...

Find is there any User exit is activated

Hope thats the only way to solve your issue.

- Pithan

MaryM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

what I mean is, that shouldn't it calculate the breakdown duration only when Breakdown checkbox is marked?

Thanks,

MaryM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Entering Breakdown Data and Duration

If there is a functional breakdown due to a problem or the execution of an activity, you note this breakdown - depending on Customizing - in one of the following two places:

Notification header

As a rule, when you create a notification, it is sufficient to enter the malfunction start in the notification header, and flag the field Breakdown. This indicates that the system is broken down at the time specified.

Breakdown data screen

The breakdown data screen is relevant mainly for entering the breakdown end and the downtime.

Entries in the Breakdown Data Screen

Call up the notification in create or change mode and choose the tab pages Malfunction, Breakdown.

Enter the start and end dates of the malfunction. Flag the field Breakdown to indicate that the malfunction caused a function breakdown.

As soon as you press Enter , the system automatically calculates and displays the downtime in hours.

If you want to use a different unit of time, enter it in the field to the right of the field Breakdown duration and choose Enter.

The system calculates and displays the duration in the new unit of time. The unit entered when you save the notification is then valid for further processing of the notification.

Save the notification.

If the downtime is already displayed and you subsequently change the malfunction start or end, the system recalculates the duration.

Reagards

Srinivas