Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

conversion string

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am new in Abap and I have a little problem: I set an input field on my screen type string. When I process the text in it in PAI, i see the text has been converted to lower case. In debug I see that when the PAI start the text has already been converted in upper case, so I realize that a default conversion rule has been applied. Is there a way to tell that for a field there is no need to apply a conversion rule? Or a conversion that do not change lower to upper?

I see that for parameter there is syntax "LOWER" to let unchanged the case of the parameter, but I can't believe there is no way to do it with a simple input field.

Thanks

Gabriele

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have option in the screen field attributes upper/Lowercase, its under Dictionary Tab, there you can check that option.

this will not allow any conversion.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have option in the screen field attributes upper/Lowercase, its under Dictionary Tab, there you can check that option.

this will not allow any conversion.

0 Kudos

I am looking for that option in attribute list of the screen, but I cannot find any tab with that field. Am I looking in the wrong place?

0 Kudos

In the attributes section you can find 3 tabs, Dict, Program, Display .

In the Dict tab you can see the last property Upper/Lower Case.

0 Kudos

found.

Thank U very much

Edited by: Gabriele Montori on Sep 22, 2008 3:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please do not double post to multiple forums!

Please read [the rules|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement] before posting further.