cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens while running MRP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Frndz,

I have heard that there are some 8 steps which the system will follow, while running the MRP.Plz help me out with those steps.

Regards,

Srini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps involved in an MRP run,

1.Checking the Planning file entry

2.Net Requirement calculation,

3.Calculation of exact procurement quantity (Lot Sizing),

4.Procurement type-->scheduling.

5. Determining procuement proposal

6.BOM Explosion & determining the dependent Requirements.

7. Creation of exception messages

Also refer link below for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f4/7d3f9344af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

In the above link follow the path below

Material Requirements Planning (PP-MRP)-->Planning Process.

Click on planning process. This page gives an overview of the basic 7 steps. Read this.

Under Planning process info-tree each of the seven steps are explained in full detail.

Regards,

Ashok

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Ashok Babu R,

I appreciate your interest in helping out the forum members for getting a solution.

But dont copy an answer and paste it as your solution.

Please find the below given link,[About MRP|]

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr.Mangalraj,

Thanks for your inputs.

I have never said that it is my solution. And its nobody's solution, its in the std SAP documentation. If you go to the link below given by me, you can see the seven steps as such listed in the web page.

The question is almost always answered from different sources (web, other forums, SAP library, other sites for SAP help) documented by somebody else. when providing info from that is ok, how come quoting from SDN queries is not allowed. SDN is as much a source for answering queries as others.

I have seen no such constraints mentioned in the "rules of engagement as well".

I have also seen many senior people also adopting the same method and it makes sense too... why would you want to re type something that has already been explained a hundred times... You may say that i can quote a whole thread, but again a good thread may have even 25 entries, the reporter has to go thru all the entries and then choose the best that answers him... but if i provide the exact answer, it becomes easier for him...

Anyways, i take your inputs as a senior member and in the future will also quote the name of the member from whose earlier response i am quoting, in my reply. This is the best i could do. If you expect to stop this as a process, again, i will agree with you on that if you can get this included in the "rules of engagement".

Regards,

Ashok

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Ashok Babu,

I never asked you to mention my name under your reply.

Thanks for your comments.

Thanks & Regards

Mangalraj.S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Process Flow of MRP please heck the link,

[MRP Procedure|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/6d/d20d3801a01f2ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm]

Regards,

R.Brahmankar