Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add special character "$" in the function module parameter name??

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Can I add special character "$" in the function module parameter name??

awaiting for your reply,

Regards

Praveen

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, one can't add special characters to a import/export parameter in a function module.

If you try to add the special character, it throws error message as "Do not use special characters" and you can't activate the function module.

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what hinders you from trying this out yourself very quickly?

0 Kudos

Thomas,

What grudge do you hold against Praveen? Why are you giving such dangerous and misleading advice? What if Praveen passes the $ parameter in that unknown FM and suddenly theres smoke coming from the rear of the CPU? Who's answerable to that??

pk

0 Kudos

>

> Thomas,

> ... What if Praveen passes the $ parameter in that unknown FM and suddenly theres smoke coming from the rear of the CPU? Who's answerable to that??

>

> pk

Blame Canada!

0 Kudos

hahaha

I actually had to Wiki it. Yeah you can expect from South Park. Or may be even from The Family Guy.

pk

0 Kudos

Create your own function module, save it as a local object and play around. Hardly stuff that makes an application server start blowing smoke.

0 Kudos

> save it as a local object and play around.

>Hardly stuff that makes an application server start blowing >smoke.

if it is Local objects only one Application server, if it is Transportable then Think about the situation...?

0 Kudos

If you want to try things out, you simply only create local objects. If you don't do that and transport your 'try outs' than i hope i never have to maintain the system(s) you work on.

And as i said: try it out. The worse case is you'll get an error message.

0 Kudos

>And as i said: try it out. The worse case is you'll get an error message.

This Praveen should understand.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your mail, I haven't expected this kind of answer from your end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

No u cant use it...

Try something else,,

praveen_hannu
Contributor
0 Kudos

Answerd