cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_MONI does not show payload after upgrade to SP15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We have installed SP15 in our system, everything seems to be working OK with exception of the SXMB_MONI which now does not show the Payload in the SOAP output/response.

Does anyone know if this is a know bug/functionality of SP15?

Thanks,

Roberto

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any solution or news to this topic ?

We have detected exactly the same problem after patching to SP15.

In the earlier release (SP13) the payload display was possible.

Regards

Rolf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am also using SP15 in PRD and I am not able to see the Response Payload in SXMB_MONI.<b>Is it a problem in Support pack 15 .Do I need to install any patch for this .</b>Please help us on this as we are on PRD server now.

Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you see this notes 911246 , (it talks of fixing this in sp 16) and 917885.

But the first one is more relevent in your case.

"XI: No content displayed in Message-Monitoring " Other terms SXMB_MONI

regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anirban,

<b>I have already used these notes but still not able to resolve the problem.</b>Please help us on this asap.

Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had replied to the question of Roberto,other than these OSS notes i have no other OSS Number or patch.

I shared the OSS number with Roberto to see if it can help him.

Regards,

Anirban.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just posted a question regarding not seeing the HTTP response (Forum post in Exchange Infrastructure: Can we capture HTTP response for async message without BPM?

)

But this might be due to SP15 as it appears from this posting...

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The OSS note below:

SAP Note Number: 911246

XI: No content displayed in Message-Monitoring

Version: 2, Note Language: EN, Released on: 01/03/2006

Symptom

If you select a message in Message Monitoring (RWB or SXI_MONITOR) and want to see the content of the message, sometimes one of the XML-Windows remains empty.

Other terms

SXMB_MONI, XI, HTML-Viewer

Reason and Prerequisites

If the message part, which is displayed in the lower window, is huge, the HTML-Viewer needs much time to display it. Since the lower window is displayed first, the upper window remains empty until the whole content of the lower window is displayed. The patch changes the order, in which the windows are displayed. Hence first the upper window, with typically less content, is displayed, then the lower with potentially much content.

Solution

Apply correction instruction or SP16

Does this fix the issue? Has anyone applied this to see if the HTTP response then shows in MONI?

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

The other OSS note:

SAP Note Number: 917885

XI: Attachments werden im Message-Monitoring nicht angezeigt

Version: 1, Note Language: EN, Released on: 01/27/2006

Symptom

An XML message contains attachments with mime types different from application/xml. When clicking on the attachments in Message-Monitoring for that message, the attachments cannot be displayed!

Error message is: "Format of the document cannot be displayed"

Other terms

SXI_MONITOR, SXMB_MONI, Runtime Workbench, XI, RWB, Message Display Tool, MDT

Reason and Prerequisites

Before displaying an attachment, Message Monitoring checks the mime type of the message with a list of supported types. Since there are several mime types for some applications, like powerpoint or excel, the check is not exhaustive.

Solution

The attached correction instruction adds additional mimetypes for powerpoint, excel, and word. The patch is included in SP17 for NW04 and SP7 for NW04s.

-

Actually both of these notes don't exactly indicate that the issue will be fixed in terms of the payload. We are going to apply it and see if it fixes the issue. I will update this forum when i try it out.

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

We applied SP 16 and we still could not see the HTTP response payload in MONI.

Does anyone have this working with SP 15 or 16?

Regards,

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jay,

I was also facing the same problem. But some part of the problem is resolved as I can see the output xml payload in technical routing of IS Pipeline service.

You may apply these settings in yOUR INTEGRATION ENGINE.

xml payload is still not visible in "MAIN Document(application/xml)

<b>Transation SXMB_ADM / Configure Integration Engine / Specific Configuration</b>

add these two parameters too in that:

a)Category RUNTIME / Parameter TRACE_LEVEL should be 3 (full trace)

b)Parameter LOGGING should be 1 (trace switched on)

Hope it will help you.

If it is useful don't forget to give points.

Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

That's the first thing I did - enable sync logging and increase the trace to the max level. There seems to be a bug with SP15 and SP16. I never ran into this with other customers who had earlier SPs (11,12,14 etc.)

If you go to the topic that I posted and put in the answer that you gave, I can give you points ( ). I can't on this thread, because I did not initiate it.

Are you on SP 15 or SP 16?

Thanks,

Jay

FlLunding
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

According to SAP (OSS) this is working as designed. Apparently it was an error in the past that the payload was stored in the DB on the ABAP (IE) side when the AE is involved, as it would then be stored twice at DB level. This explains why this is not a problem when e.g. the IDOC adapter is used.

Anyway, the only way to let the system show the payload in SXI_MONITOR is to set the runtime trace level to 3 (full trace) and parameter logging to 1 (trace switched on).

Kind regards,

Flemming