cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Our requirement is that, users should be allowed to create purchase requisitions for only certain material types and services.

How this can be configured?

We have to control this with authorisations or we can do something with configuration also?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The only option to control this in auth. I am afraid is the release strategy. You can set it up by material group. For material type a user exit will have to be implemented. In the release strategy you can allow certain users to release only PReq's with specific material group, item category (or material type - with a user exit).

The users will though have to do additional step - the release.

Please also remember that you can define which AA categories are allowed for which item categories - in the IMG for Account assignment.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

my guess is you can control by authorisation only.

not possible to do this with configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi... i dont think material type & material group can be controlled... as per earlier posts , you can control account assignment, item category for a particular PR document type...

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for ur reply. I know how to control item-category for a PR document type. But how to control account assignment for one particular document type?

Can u elaborate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Any suggestion on controlling the account assignments for a particular document type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

use t-code SPRO for configuration

in that go to

>>Material Management

>>Purchasing

>>Purchase Requisition

>> Document types for Purchase Requisition

there u can select/deselect the allowed Item Category to the Purchase Requisition.

regards,

rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can allow to raise Purchase requistions for all the material types. You can restrict the PR's only to service type by allowing only the Item category D for the respective document type.

Please create a separate document type for the PR and only allow the item category 'D' for this document type.

The users will have to select the document type first while creating in ME51N. This will not allow to raise the PR for any other Item category.

I do not think so that u can restrict the PR for a certain material type. Instead u can only restrict for the Item category and the PO doc. type.

Please refer MM-PurchasingPurchase requistion-Doc. type---Allow Item categories..

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prasanna.

Award if useful

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This requirement should be controlled by authorisations given to the users.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I have tried to control the authorisation by material group or material type. But this is not working?

Do u have any idea how to configure authorisations based on material type or material groups?