Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trading Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

New to BCS hence needs guidance from you experts

1. Can we define Trading Partner for a specific Item in a company or replace the existing partner with new partner

2. I have uploaded a file thru Flexi upload method, I want to reload that file with some changes, will it remove the entire data loaded earlier thru this file. For example, if I hv uploaded 10 items earler now I need to upload only 8 items, will it remove/delete the remaining 2 items

3. What could be implications in doing re-upload, or do we need to chg some configuration.

Would be thankful on your inputs.

Best Regards,

os

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

very well explained. Many thanks to Eugene / Dan

Best Regards,

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The partner may be changed via reloading data with update mode "delete all", or via manual adjusting entry in BCS

2. This will work okay as long as the update mode is "delete all"

3. The only implications with reloading data is that it is prudent to re-execute the subsequent tasks in the monitor to ensure consolidation is up-to-date and complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update mode "Delete All" DOESN'T WORK when one loaded data into the totals cube; changed some configuration (for example, items) and wanted to clean up the master data by uploading of new data (new items). The uploaded earlier old data will be tied up to the old items and will not be deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reg Q3. -- Dan, you, probably didnt meet such situation as I described.

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have not experienced such a scenario, but I also did not interpret the question to mean this.

I thought the question was whether or not configuration changes are required in order to reload the data and obtain results of 8 records where there was previously 10. Simply changing the update mode to delete all works in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi os and welcome to SDN!

1. The question is not clear. Do you mean any particular TP value or TP in a subassignment?

2. It depends on:

A. The upload should reverse or delete the previous load data, depending on your settings.

B. Update mode in the flex upload method determines how the data loaded earlier should be treated.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sem60ep1/helpdata/en/fe/2c68f6ca6b4d0c92ba5070d92f8310/frameset.htm

3. Caution: if you change some configuration after the load (especially it's true for subassignments) and then do reload be ready for some implications: some records with the old, for example subassignments, may not be deleted and remained. The safe way to reload is to delete uploaded RFD data through workbench: the is a such a function.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene Khusainov,

Thx for ur reply, actually my requirement to TP is for a specific item in a specific company I need to change TP, is it possible, if yes how ? What and where confg settings to be done ? I have already defined a TP earlier for this company

Once again thx for ur reply.

Regards,

os

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One option within BCS is to define a reclassification method and task to change the trading partner value on specific company and item. The specific company and item are the trigger. The company and item may be inherited from trigger to remain the same and the trading partner is what is changed.