cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new created folder is not able to be deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using CR R2+ sp2. There is a problem in CMC that a new folder can't be deleted by anyone, including administrators. I have checked administrator's rights and it's granted.

If it can't be removed in CMC, is there any ways can do that.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

No metter on user list or group list, I can't see any 'everyone' there.

In fact, I have noticed this problem to BO, but I didn't get any solution for that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I am sorry you did not get an answer before, but if you open another incident- reply to this thread with the number - I will take ownership and we will schedule a webex session and find out what is causing this- if you have an oipen incident still on this issue then give me the number and I will take it as an escalation.

Jadie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, Jadie.

May I ask taht where the number is? How can I open a incident?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

If you go to https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/bosap-support you should be able to login with your s-user account and log a problem report. There are also instrictions on who to contact if you need help with your s-user account.

Best regards,

Jadie

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, 'Everyone' user is not listed on CMC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Everyone is a group not a user. You should see it in the Central Management Console-> Groups And all users are members of the Everyone group.If you do not seee this then something has been done to the security of your Administrator account Administrator should never be in any other groups except Administrators and Everyone.

Please log a problem report with us.

If you cannot see Groups then the security may be wrong under Enterprise Applications ->Central Management Console.

you will not see this in Infoview.

Jadie

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have support with us, please log an incident so that we may work with you via webex. I am sure once we can see what you are seeing we can resolve this for you.

The 2 default groups are Administrators and Everyone- you should be able to see them under Groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was logging using an account as a adiministatior. I can't see a user or group called 'Everyone',and I think that it might be deleted.

Only the folder's bottons are disenable, others are ok. That's why I can't delete it.

Jin

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'Everyone' group cannot be deleted. This is one of the 2 default groups that every user (Administrators included) belong to.

Edited by: Srinivas Ganapathi on Sep 23, 2008 8:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a public folder. And I checked the rights of the folder, all buttoms were disenable. How can I let it enable?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you logging in as the Administrator? secEnterprise? If all of the buttons are not enabled- then I suspect the everyone group is not set correctly and has things explicitely denied- if you have a support agreement with us I strongly urge you to log an incident so that we can assist you with going through how your rights are set. If you do not, then check both in Enterprise applications- Central Management Console- set the everyone to not specified and do not explicitely deny anything- Explicitely grant everything for Administrors and try again.

Jadie

Former Member
0 Kudos

If it is a user folder- then the only way to delete it is to delete the user. If it is a public folder- then check the actual rights by going to the folder- rights check user rights not group and check for Administrator.

See if the actual compiled rights are there.

If this shows up as the Administrator not having rights- then you will have to find which other group the administrator has been made part of that is blocking this.

Also on Full instead of Advanced the user never has rights to delete objects that the user owns- this is denied by default.

Jadie