Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deliveries in WM

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the storage unit management scenario when I am creating delivery I will pick the material with SU. But when I have to pack material how I will do it?

If I do normal process of packing in delivery it will create HU.

Please suggest solution to avoid this case.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

First clear SU and HU

SU means Storage Unit, it is used to store the stocks in Warehouse management

HU means Handling Unit, it is used to handle the stock for out deliveries in shipment

Then clear on this first, ask the queries.

If you managed warehouse storage type as SU, when you are taking in bound/GR here the stocks will store in SU

If you are using HU for delivery process it is depending of material you can pick manually/automatically HU for the delivery items

Best Regards

Madhu

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I know SU & HU are different. I know the concept. My warehouse is SU managed. I can disable the packing option in delivery but my issue is how I will convey warehouse packing material information to do packing of picked material.

I mentioned in my issue list that if I go to do normal packing in delivery (Pack button) & put packing material system generates HU which is not fit when your warehouse is WM managed.

Hope you got the clear picture.

Regards,

Prashant

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Small correction

I know SU & HU are different. I know the concept. My warehouse is SU managed. I can disable the packing option in delivery but my issue is how I will convey warehouse packing material information to do packing of picked material.

I mentioned in my issue list that if I go to do normal packing in delivery (Pack button) & put packing material system generates HU which is not fit when your warehouse is SU managed.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are doing packinh HU will generate.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't want to pack the delivery initially, then you can pack it onto HU while TO execution and confirmation. But you may have to do some enhancment to pack the picked quantity on to a HU.

Thanks

Funky Tech.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Packing material in delivery will generate the HU number. When HU management is not active and only SU is active then SU gets generated at the time of TO creation.

So, packing of material generates HU number in an HU activated scenario.

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

I understand when your storage location is active for HU mgt. then HU will be generated. When there is SU managed warehouse storage unit will be in picture.

I know SU & HU are different. I know the concept. My warehouse is SU managed (not HU ). I can disable the packing option in delivery but my issue is how I will convey warehouse packing material information to do packing of picked material.

I mentioned in my issue list that if I go to do normal packing in delivery (Pack button) & put packing material system generates HU which is not fit when your warehouse is SU managed.

Regards,

Prashant