Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change customer / vendor account group

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to change the account group of a vendor. I tried XK07, but I then get a message about "Critical field groups" that would be switched off in the new target account group and then SAP doesn't let me change the account group.

The "critical field groups", however, are not critical to me at all and they are not relevant to my vendor master account. Does anyone know how to proceed in this case and if it's still possible to change the account group?

Thanks in advance.

René

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I understand, the status of these fields may not be changed; it is optional in the groups created by the customer and is suppressed in the groups delivered by SAP. If you have the problem, I suppose you are trying to move the supplier from a group created by you to a group created by SAP. Is it right ? (if yes, I have perhaps a solution; if not, please explain what is wrong).

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Henri,

Thanks for your reply. I am not trying to copy to an SAP group. Both groups are customer specific.

However, a minute ago I've thought of a workaround already which I'll share with you just in case it may also be useful to you/others. I've deleted the target group and created it newly as a copy from the source group. This apparently "synchronised" both groups and the 7 fields have disappeared and are no longer reported in XK07 as differences. So now I can make the changes in my vendor master data. Once I'm done, I'm gonna set the field status in the newly created target group back to what I want them to be.

So rather than finding out where I can maintain the field status of those 7 fields, I solved the problem using this workaround, which lets me achieve my goal in the end

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Henri I just thought of the fact that the customer specific group may have been copied in the past from an SAP group, which would explain the system behaviour I suppose. In case you would have more interesting details for my as to handling those 7 SAP fields", then I'm always interested of course. Thanks for having explained about the special issue re SAP fields, which I was not aware of.

René

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to change the account group. The number range and the customer / vendor fields are controlled by the account group. The account group control the masters. Actually the field should not be editable as per the standard SAP.

regards,

vijay

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Henri, although the workaround solved the issue, this is also very useful to know. I'm surprised the note did not show up when I was searching for key words "account-group-vendor".

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

René

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The problem comes from table T077K.

The control of fields groups 069 to 075 are stored in bytes 29 to 35 of T077K-FAUS1.

Check in your system: you will find hyphens in some rows and dots (.) in others.

The correction is given in OSS note 576852 "You cannot change account group for vendor".

This note gives the program for correcting the customizing data:

REPORT Z_CLEAR_MODIF.

DATA: LT_T077K LIKE T077K OCCURS 0 WITH HEADER LINE.

SELECT * FROM T077K INTO TABLE LT_T077K.

LOOP AT LT_T077K.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+28(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+29(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+30(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+31(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+32(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+33(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS1+34(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS2+0(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUS2+1(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+8(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+9(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+10(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+11(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+12(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+13(1) = '.'.
   LT_T077K-FAUSN+14(1) = '.'.
   MODIFY LT_T077K.
ENDLOOP.

UPDATE T077K FROM TABLE LT_T077K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henri,

I have the following field switched off:

A    D110A    Address    002    Form of address

052    c/o name

058    Buildings

059    Floor

060    Room number

078    Delivery district

102    P.O. box without number

107    Undeliverable Street

A    D110A    Address    108    Undeliverable Postbox

A    D120    Control        021    International location number

026    Existing quality assur.systems

037    Reference account group (OTA)

045    Carrier details

046    Transport statistics

055    Business Place

067    Tax categories

A    D120    Control        106    Proof of delivery

110    Procurement Monitoring

A    D130    Payment transactions    033    Alternative payee in document

035    ISR Subscriber Number

Could you provide me with the correct code to change this account??

Thanks

suma_mani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Catalin,

You can do through OBD3 transaction code > Double click on account group > Use suppress option to switched off the same.

Regards

Mani

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had the same idea, create new groups from scratch or from groups without problem and use these groups rather than the groups coming from SAP or copied from them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the account group, only when the target account group's and source account group's field status is same.

Cheers,

TinatHaider Syed

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello TinatHaider Syed

Thanks, and that's exactly what I have been trying to achieve. And as I wrote in my explanation, I succeeded for 3 out of the 10 fields that SAP reported in XK07.

Those 3 fields could all be identified in the account group field status in the "general data" segment, which is also how SAP reported them.

For these remaining 7 fields, however, SAP does not indicate a field status sub group in which I can find them. If you are familiair with the notification window, it looks like this:

-QUOTE-

You cannot make this change because the new account group results in the following field groups being switched off

SEGMENT/GROUP/GROUP NAME/MODIF GROUP 1/ GROUP NAME

/ / /069 / Reserved for withholding tax

/ / /070 / Reserved for withholding tax

/ / /071 / Reserved for withholding tax

/ / /072 / Reserved for withholding tax

/ / /073 / Reserved for withholding tax

/ / /074 / Reserved for withholding tax

/ / /075 / Reserved for withholding tax

-UNQUOTE-

So these last 7 fields are not really identified as specific as the others were and I cannot locate them in the account group field status. Withholding tax, by the way is NOT used in my SAP client. Yes, SAP apparently sees a different field status in the source and target account group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cannot change the account group for a vendor.

If you see the configuration carefully, the number range assignments are based on the account group. Further if you have already created a Vendor account with a specific account group you would have to use a new vendor account number...Think about it.

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik Coneru on Sep 22, 2008 5:14 PM

rene_coppens
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I had already considered the issues you mentioned but that's not the reason that SAP doesn't let me change.

In XK07, SAP displays 7 fields that would be switched off (so I guess SAP means "suppressed") in the target account group.

In other words: In the current account group, these 7 fields have status optional or required, but would have status suppressed in the target account group.

These 7 fields all have the same name, being "Reserved for withholding tax".

In the target account group, I've set the field status of all all (withholding tax) fields to "optional". Originally I had in fact 10 fields that SAP brought up, but now that I've set all fields to optional, these 7 remain. In the account group settings, however, I cannot find a field status for "Reserved for withholding tax". Not in my current account group, nor in my desired target account group, so I have no idea how to set the status to option for these final 7 fields.

This is the specific problem I have. I can't find SAP notes about it either. Thanks for your time in advance.

Rgds,

René